NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am actually considering selling my GT 5 speed and purchasing an RSX-S. The GT is just too slow for me. Right now all I have is a custom exhaust. Will an intake and headers make my GT faster (will I notice a difference?)?

I have just recently gotten into the performance of cars, so I'm really new to all this stuff.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EasyC said:
Why not just get a GT-S???
If I am going to get a new car, I think I should get a different one. Plus, I have always liked the RSX.

Now that I think about it, maybe I can get a used GT-S for cheaper than an RSX. Isn't an RSX-S faster than a GT-S though?

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
lol no, RSX-S is about the same in straight line speed with a GT-S....it just doesnt handle as well or brake as well as a GT-S

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
To answer your question though a GT with i/e/h is not a speed burner but then again on the same note neither is a GTS or RSX-S.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by EasyC
lol no, RSX-S is about the same in straight line speed with a GT-S....it just doesnt handle as well or brake as well as a GT-S
:werd:

Also , better yet. You dont have to buy a GTS. You can just buy a 2zz with ecu and tranny for alot less than either car.

Only difference after a swap from a GT to GTS is that you wouldnt have the GTS 4 wheel discs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, maybe now I will get a GT-S.

My main thing is I want anything that has a noticeable power gain against my GT, and a high redline (isnt the GTS at 7900?). Also, with the GTS I will also get some respect on the streets (a lot of people look at the GT as pathetic in terms of performance).

So will the GTS satisfy me in these areas? Also, what exactly is lift? The GT doesnt have that right?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by jl2fast4u
Wow, maybe now I will get a GT-S.

My main thing is I want anything that has a noticeable power gain against my GT, and a high redline (isnt the GTS at 7900?). Also, with the GTS I will also get some respect on the streets (a lot of people look at the GT as pathetic in terms of performance).

So will the GTS satisfy me in these areas? Also, what exactly is lift? The GT doesnt have that right?
GT 7k cut off.

GTS redline is 7800 and feulcut off is 8350

Lift is a second set of lobes at 6000 rpms (6200 rpms in post 00 yrs) that add teh exra 40 HP that a GTS has over a GT.

yes its a noticable difference. i/h/e wont make up the 40 HP the GTS has over the GT.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
GT 7k cut off.

GTS redline is 7800 and feulcut off is 8350

Lift is a second set of lobes at 6000 rpms (6200 rpms in post 00 yrs) that add teh exra 40 HP that a GTS has over a GT.

yes its a noticable difference. i/h/e wont make up the 40 HP the GTS has over the GT.

Awesome, thanks man! Looks like I will stick with Toyota and get a GTS. I should have gotten a GTS in the first place, but I wasnt into performance 7 months ago. :p

Also, when you hit lift, was does it feel like?

·
Registered
236 Posts
SleeprGT said:
2zz swap, make a gt sleepr like me!
how much did that cost you? and labor, and did u have any problems with the swap?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
hell yea it pulls you all the way its awesome

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
RSX-S is easier to make fast on a dragstrip. Nicer interior as well, but the car is pretty bland looking. For the money, a used WRX might be a good choice.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by jl2fast4u
Awesome, thanks man! Looks like I will stick with Toyota and get a GTS. I should have gotten a GTS in the first place, but I wasnt into performance 7 months ago. :p

Also, when you hit lift, was does it feel like?
feels hard. :)

also, 2zz swap will be cheaper.

·
Registered
572 Posts
why doesn't this kid just buy a fox body 5.0 liter, and spend the rest of the money on performance, rather than another fwd n/a car. (don't get me wrong, the gt-s is the greatest investment of my life, but he lives in cali. why not go rwd. it snows here in MT. it snows alot. it even snows in fckuin july. i'd of bought a ws6 if i didn't live in the damn mtns. ) i just think there's better cars to get than a gt-s if ur just looking for speed. and cheaper.

=> $0.02 <=

-aaron

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
branizzle said:
why doesn't this kid just buy a fox body 5.0 liter, and spend the rest of the money on performance, rather than another fwd n/a car. (don't get me wrong, the gt-s is the greatest investment of my life, but he lives in cali. why not go rwd. it snows here in MT. it snows alot. it even snows in fckuin july. i'd of bought a ws6 if i didn't live in the damn mtns. ) i just think there's better cars to get than a gt-s if ur just looking for speed. and cheaper.

=> $0.02 <=

-aaron
You sound like a man in dire need of an Alltrac turbo :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts