NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
an '00 with only 16,000 miles or is it 16k on a rebuilt engine?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Take the VIN# to a Toyota dealership and have them pull up the service records...they'll be able to tell you if anything serious ever happened to the car in the past, cuz it usually would have been repaired by Toyota.

Not trying to scare you, but just trying to help a prospective Celi owner to not get screwed...

Btw, that price is great!

Good luck,

Usman

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did a carfax report and everything came out clean...the people who owned it were an older couple who had 4 cars and decided to sell this one because they have a daughter who's handicaped and she couldn't get around...it's in mint condition, never driven in the snow (supposedly)...runs great...so I bought it, it's a little small for me (6'3") but I've had much worse...

I've had it for a couple days now, I'm loving it. Only thing is that is sounds like water is rushing through when you start it up, and I researched it and looks like I just need to have to cooling system "burped". Otherwise, it's perfect.

and SexyCelica, 16k on the orginal engine.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
yep, it's definitely low on coolant....the resivior is right under the engine plastics with pink fluid in it....if it only needs a little you can add water, but if you are going to put fresh coolant in, make sure you get it from toyota, don't put green coolant in there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The lift kicks @$$. I had a 93 Honda Prelude VTEC and it has a similar engine, but I love it. Though this car does seem faster even with 10 less hp, but the engine raps up so high, it counter-balances it. The handling is a little better than the prelude. I still like the dash layout on the prelude better and the electro-illumenescent gauges and it was a little roomier. As you can tell I miss my prelude, but I really do like this celica. Especially the hatchback, subs just sound like crap in trunks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.