NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my aem uego gauge and sensor installed today..wondering if this is normal reading or not..
if i'm in gear and let go of the gas i see 3 red --- lines..give it a lil gas then it'll read again..look at the vids below..first one is normal driving and 2nd is at idle..

idle

one problem i notice after installing this is this annoying buzzing noise coming from the speakers when the radio is on..

i bought an add a fuse line or add a circuit..crimp the red wire to that..remove the 15fuse for the Cig in the fuse panel, add another 15amp fuse..plug the add a fuse into the cig spot..run a new 18g ground wire from the battery into the car and crimp to the black wire for the gauge..connect the sensor harness and plug it all in behind the gauge..

turn the car on, radio on and it buzz very noticeably..i have to turn the volume on pretty loud if i don't want to hear the buzz..i've tried moving the ground wire to the chassis instead of straight from bat..still does it..take the fuse out, to not power the gauge anymore and the noise went away..

how can i fix this??

thanks

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Mine does the same --- when I let off the gas in gear, It's normal.

My radio however does not buzz.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
When you let off the gas it shuts off the injectors, the wideband just goes to ---. Thats normal, no problem.

My friends UEGO in his SRT-4 makes his radio buzz. I run a NGK AFX wideband, no problems.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
are you guys taping the power off of the radio or grounding near it? that is just odd. we threw on my wideband 2 nights ago and no buzz and yea i get similar readings which should be fine

edit sorry reread about the fuse tap. that is just weird. see if the input wire for the wideband is anywhere near the radio harness. similarly the power or ground for the gauge.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
also try moving the gauge to the other pod you have on the surround. getting it further from the radio. do this after making sure all wires are far from the radio or the radio wire harness. i ran my wires on the very front floor near the firewall at its lowest point

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've tried that..didn't work..still buzz like crazy..i even take all the wires from the gauge and run as far as the backseat and still does it..so i dunno..anyone got any other idea?? should i use a bigger ground wire?? like step up to a 14 or 12g instead of 18g?? i can't understand it..

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
question? is it only on aux setting or fm and cd? mine buzzed on aux and i think its from the wires being too close to the signal wire

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have my uego running off the cig lighter and mounted above the radio in the sunglass hut or whatever and I dont hear a buzzing

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
question? is it only on aux setting or fm and cd? mine buzzed on aux and i think its from the wires being too close to the signal wire
all..
put it on cd it buzz, put it on fm it buzz..put on standby it shuts off, no buzz..turn radio off, no buzz..unhook the power from the gauge, no buzz..

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have my uego running off the cig lighter and mounted above the radio in the sunglass hut or whatever and I dont hear a buzzing
are u on stock radio or aftermarket? i have aftermarket with amp and 2 subs in the back..don't know if it's too close to the rca cables? i literally run all the wire from the passenger side, no where close to the rca or the radio and it still buzz.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I'm on aftermarket and its near the radio with no buzz. Maybe a grounding or power issue where is your gauge grounded?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i ran the ground straight from the battery..i have a red top optima, not that it matter..

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump...there gotta be a solution to this problem..i've moved the gauge..i've use all different point on the chassis for ground..i've even bought those scochse ground loop noise eliminator from walmart for 14/piece..even take the radio out move it further away from the gauge and still it buzz..very annoying..

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
everything is sealed bro..i taped them up with electro tape..even fold them back away from the ground wire and it still buzz..man it's annoying..if i can't find a solution, i just won't have it on until i'm ready to get my car tune..after tune i'll keep it on for a lil while then take it off..i can't stand it..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine UEGO does the same. I have pioneer head. The only thing worked out to reduce (not eliminate) the buzz is to connect ground for the gauge as far as possible from the place where headunits ground is connected. But keep in mind that headunit gets ground connection throught aerial antenna too.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i've tried but can not get into the forum..server must be down or something..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts