Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any inside info?

·
Registered
217 Posts
:no:
They would have by now, and they don't give two $hits about the celica anymore.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
As you probably know you need a special AIT/TRD hood to fit the supercharger. I talked to the sales guy at TRD and he said they were working on it and to call back late october. What he said was that the ecu for the celica was not a "bolt-on" like the corolla/matrix.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You talked to a sales guy????? You can be sure you were given wrong information..... Call him in October, he will have the same info for you.....

Guys, just a word of advice, dont talk to sales people, the guy parking the cars outside know more than they do. The only thing they do is sit infront of a computer. Proven fact....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
On TRD's website it has contact info. I called that number and talked to the guy. I think the word of advice would be more like, if he says october, it really means they wont make any progress until the end of december. I suggest anyone that is interested in the supercharger to email TRD at [email protected] <[email protected]> or call them at 800-688-5912 . That would be the best way to get the ecu released.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
You can use the e-manage for fuel with the trd unit. The cost of doing it just makes it unappealing.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The only problem with that is that it hasn't been done before. One guy used an off-brand unichip and it didn't work. So I would rather wait to see what TRD does. The emanage is the same price as the TRD ecu even with all the add-ons you need for the emanage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its true that TRD doesnt care about the celica anymore... its dead in a year or two anyways according to toyota. I'm the assistant parts manager at a toyota dealer. Our TRD rep pretty much let on that the only thing keeping them afloat was Scion accessories. It was like a shot in the arm for them. Doesnt seem to be much in developement for the celica he said... but if you own a TC ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts