NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have always heard the sucking sound on a cold start. And then the hiss when the car is shut off.

Jon

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by celico_man
you can hear the sucking air when you shift too....
:werd:
Depends on how you shift. Sometimes you won't hear it at all, sometimes it will sound like a little BOV. :gap:

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
my aem is louder than my trd exhaust

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have come up behind people and hit lift and they can hear it even if they are reving their engine lol. they will pull over and say how awsome it sounds.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Ive got the Injen CAI and man is that thing loud when I start to lift. And make the loud hissing sound when I turn the car off. Never heard the kind of bov sound when shifting yet maybe its different with my intake.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by TRD604
i use to hear it. maybe its time to change my filter to a K&N
If it's a name brand like AEM or Injen, then it already has a K&N filter, and probably just needs to be cleaned.. If it's an eBay CAI, then it still has a washable filter. Pick up an K&N Filtercharger Kit to clean and reoil it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
If it's a name brand like AEM or Injen, then it already has a K&N filter, and probably just needs to be cleaned.. If it's an eBay CAI, then it still has a washable filter. Pick up an K&N Filtercharger Kit to clean and reoil it.
Careful. Are you sure it's a K&N filter? I mean, are you 100% sure?

·
Registered
275 Posts
im glad someone said it before me but when i **** sometime it does sound like a BOV but i cant make it do ti everytime tho which sucks........my tanabe SPRM and my injen intake sound the same, people cant tell whats makin what noise the exhaust and intake sound so perfectly together i mean its amazing so many people have said i have the loudest but best sounding exhaust they have ever heard....P.S. i had my mid pipe taken out so...you get the idea

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by parkin lot pmpn
when i **** sometime it does sound like a BOV but i cant make it do ti everytime tho which sucks........
This just made me laugh.

I know that everytime I sh!t it sounds like a BOV!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Samus
Now where talking CAI sound, how does the TRP sound compared to the AEM?
The TPR CAI actually sounds more like Injen.
Originally posted by Red01GTS
Careful. Are you sure it's a K&N filter? I mean, are you 100% sure?
K&N confirmed they made the AEM filter when someone emailed them asking for a filter that fit the AEM CAI. I've seen Injen's intakes advertised as having K&N filters, using Injen's own design. I've also heard they make filters for DC (not sure if this applies to before or after the AEM takeover, or both).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts