NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to know who would win off the line and from a launch. This dude who lives by my house always flys by my house and revs his car everytime i get out of mine. I dont know if he has any engine work done but I have Injen short ram and 50 shot...soon to be 75. Whod win?

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
it will be close with a 50 shot, nitrous express right?

I've raced one- my brother's friend has one. he had intake and exhaust- off the line he did have me by a car but by the end of 2nd shifting to 3rd i was pulling on him slowly...

good luck, and let us know what happens :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
celica would win believe it or not the lexus is 300 isnt that fast but they make some gnarly turbo kits for it look out for those!!! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
The GT isnt fast either, I can see the IS300 winning. It will end up pulling on you by the end of your N2O cycle. But hey anything can happen on the street, let us know!

·
Registered
35 Posts
white2003gts said:
celica would win believe it or not the lexus is 300 isnt that fast but they make some gnarly turbo kits for it look out for those!!! Good luck.
they sure do, i work at Lexus and a friend of mine has an '03 IS300 with the Toyomoto stg 2.5 kit, $15,000. The car put down over 350whp without being tuned, tuned ones are putting down well over 400whp. His car should run 12s, easily. Its a ****ing monster,rolling on 19" Volks :)

Also, ive run a IS300 with a HKS exhaust, AEM intake and some kind of headers...he took me off the line until the end of my 1st, i was even, end of 2nd hes close to 1.5 cars back, end of 3rd he was an easy 2.5-3 cars back. They are nothing without FI, although they do sound mean as ****!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah cuz i went to the track for the first time in my life sunday and was very dissapointed.....okay i was pissed....cuz i ran a 15.9 with a 50 shot....thats pretty ****ty if you ask me

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I guess you didnt read the topic, it says "IS300 5Spd. vs. Celica GT 5 Spd?"

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HoustonCelica said:
15.9 with Nitrous? Do you drive an auto? I thought the GT was faster than that.
im sure the GT is faster but i have probs with my 2nd and 4th, i can feel the grind when i slip into gear, so i shift very slowly into those gears since it was my first time at the track and didnt wanna misshift in front of everybody.....im getting my 75 shot today so ill keep yall posted whether im a ****ty driver or somethin is wrong with n20

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.