NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, if there are any differences between a jdm celica and a usdm celica? I heard from somebody that the jdm celi has 190 hp and some other differences. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
yes its true and its becuase of the ecu nothing more.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
They have many more options including: DVD navigation, a few different stereo choices, auto folding sideview mirrors, color coded interiors, a Super Strut package (upgraded suspension), TRD Sports-M (not sure if it's still being sold), some exterior and interior options (footwell lighting, license plate area trim, etc.), and a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting. :gap:
Originally posted by J5ISALIVE
plus they ahve better gas then us :(
Only slightly cleaner, but that's it. Same overall octane and everything else.

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
They have many more options including: DVD navigation, a few different stereo choices, auto folding sideview mirrors, color coded interiors, a Super Strut package (upgraded suspension), TRD Sports-M (not sure if it's still being sold), some exterior and interior options (footwell lighting, license plate area trim, etc.), and a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting. :gap:Only slightly cleaner, but that's it. Same overall octane and everything else.
Color coded interior is not a real option, it must be purachased seperately, I dont know if it can rolled into the financing. At best its a dealer option. Super Strut is another option. TRD Sports-M isn't even an option, its a completely different car. The exterior and interior options are like the color-coded interior, they are dealer-style options.

And the octane is different. It runs on something equivelent to 95 or 96 over here.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Digital A/C controls, and before you ask, it's not worth converting the USDM to the JDM controls, unless you have big $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts