NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know an auto dismantler oversea's? I am looking for the FULL center console with screen and all.

buttons and all.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh year 20mins of intense google'n and nothing.

any tips for japanese auto dismantler

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Even if you got the screen it probably wont come with the harness. I know you can order the jdm bezel online.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so does the screen display japanese through a control unit or its one whole unit screen/control unit. Because if it was a seperate unit maybe we rig another unit from another toyota make and model.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
there are a couple of the JDM consoles for sale currently. 04gts and ch33z have threads listing them.

Finding an original screen is going to be next to impossible. The climate controls dont work in the US models.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
and i think the screen is all jap from what i've seen so you might want to study up on your Japanese. There was one on ebay a while back. i think they wanted half your soul for it.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
the screen will fit a 6.5" wide screen or a 5.8" square screen. you then need the "jdm console filler" which fills the gap caused bt the lack of buttons. hit up blitz for that. if you have any other questions about the console itself let me know as i've gone through 3 :D

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anyone attempted to buy a dash and tear the guts to convert a usdm console w/ jdm console/wiring/motor/switches and what not?

george-

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
are you talking about the digital AC ect? you joined in 04 you should have seen these threads a billion times ;) it is not cost effective in any way. would be a grand or more to get the AC digital setup going. as for the jdm screen/dvd gps setup i know of people who had the whole unit but the wiring is completely different and no instructions so the idea was tossed

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
where do you get those red seats from??? i want them bad!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
thats the interior of my car... all the buttons for the tv are in japanese, but.... the navigation is a cd which fits into this sort of cd changer in the trunk of the car, at the moment im looking around to see if i can buy other maps. If your looking for this interior i think you should find a good used car importer which is european based and specilises in jap imports... so your best bet is a uk based companys or austrailian as these countries are rhd.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
i want the navigation buttons....ahhh i have the screen, but want the rest. haha

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
randomly look on ebay auctions from other countries. i found one on russian ebay and uk but it was the whole setup. i also know one guy tried to sell it on here but noone could wire it up or something

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
here are some of the upper if thats what your looking for

here is one just as your buy it. no screen, hole where the navi buttons go infront of the screen

here is one wrapped (****ty) with the navi area filled in

here is one that was cut apart and molded to fit a 7" wide screen

and then wrapped ofcourse ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts