NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed there was an old post about this but the pictures no longer work...just wondering exactly which one is which...r they the same prices....and finally whiches r these:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
i think that there is only one kind of jdm headlamps so they would both be the same ones.

those are the jdm tinted headlamps

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Nope, JDM headlights look exactly like ours, except a pattern over the turn signals like the headlight above. The TRD JDM headlights are tinted (like the one in the pic), though you can get a similar effect by painting the stock headlights.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
the JDM headlghts are the same as ours with a different pattern over the tunr signals and the tinted headlights are an option from toyota, not TRD...there are also JDM tinted '03 HID housings or hte USDM '03 HID housings that are gunmetalish inside...and painting your headlights black wont exactly have the same effect as the JDM tinted headlights...i not knocking it, it just wont have the same rainbow effect or smoked looked...

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
:werd: Chris hit the nail on the head.

The pic you posted Haroon is the tinted JDM heads, but the pic is very dark, which makes it seem like it's a different headlamp.

A lot of people dont realize that the high beam area and low beam reflector are both blue tinted on the JDM tinted headlamps as well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Just want to let everyone know, they is not a thing called JDM TRD headlight, and TRD has never made a headlight for Celica except the sport M optional headlight.
And I belived there are 2 options on Headlight when you buy the car. 1st the tinted headlight(the one in picture), and 2nd HID headlight (which is same as the one in US).

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by carboncelicatrd
alright so the final verdict is that these headlights r the jdm toyota headlights....thanks guys!
We'll call them the JDM tinted headlights for now. ;) Just calling them JDM headlights isn't enough to describe what you're talking about, since there's such a small difference between the regular JDM headlights and USDM ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jdm headlight tinting is easy to duplicate if you use a tinted clear coat. i personally went with a black tint over my headlamps just to be different, but just add a touch of your favorite blue and continue to spray till the shade of tint desired is achieved, ohhh, btw, don't forget to use scuff stuff and a gold scotchpad on the outside of the headlamp to prep it for the clear.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Ro_Ja Celica said:
jdm headlight tinting is easy to duplicate if you use a tinted clear coat. i personally went with a black tint over my headlamps just to be different, but just add a touch of your favorite blue and continue to spray till the shade of tint desired is achieved, ohhh, btw, don't forget to use scuff stuff and a gold scotchpad on the outside of the headlamp to prep it for the clear.
I would like to see some pics of this. Do you have any? If so, do you mind posting them?

Justin

·
Registered
435 Posts
They look sweet, but I'm going to save a ton of money and just paint mine. Personally I like having a clear top with a painted inside, otherwise I'd try a tinted overlay

·
Registered
878 Posts
if you consider 650 shipped cheap for headlights. Could someone post pics of these for me?

Also , how much would someone charge to paint the insides of my headlights . I wouldnt feel comfortable doing it myself and would rather just pay someone with experience instead.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I paid $500 for my JDM lights, same as USDM except they are tinted inside, and the lights point to the wrong side of the road.

Yeah, you can paint them for alot less, but I like the real deal :gap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts