NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone has info on this exhaust? I know it is a one piece unlike the two piece TRD USA Exhaust...It also has a special coating on it to make it more durable...I also heard it is a little louder then the USA exhaust. (this is the info I received from a performace shop). I guess my question is..." are there any performance differences and does anyone have dynos or specs on this exhaust?"

Edit: Just to make note I did a search in the performance section and could not find anything...so please no flames!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I thought TRD exhaust is same for both USA and Jpn.
My TRD just came in after Christmas day. And it is bautiful. I am waiting for the snow to melt first before I put it on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F22-Raptor said:
I'm assuming you are talking about the Kazuma exhaust???
No, the JDM TRD is an axle back one piece exhaust with a special heat proof resistant coating. The USA TRD is two piece axle back, with no coating. They are two different exhausts. A pic of the JDM is on www.polepositionproducts.com ...do a search on TRD and then look under exhaust...it is there...

The kazuma (It is not TRD) is a cat back and is too loud...up here in T.O. you'd be getting pulled over at every intersection...I dont know what it like down in the states but up here the pigs are pretty bad...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i read a read a really old isse of SCC where they tested a TRD celica. They said it had a JDM TRD exhaust system, and that TRD claimed it made 11 more HP. The US TRD exhaust system is claimed to make 14 more HP. To me the answer is clear as to which one to get. Unless there is something really special about the JDM TRD exhaust system that makes it more appealing.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
here's the picture
CAN"T SEE SH*T CAPTAIN!!!

MannyGT-S said:

No, the JDM TRD is an axle back one piece exhaust with a special heat proof resistant coating. The USA TRD is two piece axle back, with no coating. They are two different exhausts. A pic of the JDM is on www.polepositionproducts.com ...do a search on TRD and then look under exhaust...it is there...

The kazuma (It is not TRD) is a cat back and is too loud...up here in T.O. you'd be getting pulled over at every intersection...I dont know what it like down in the states but up here the pigs are pretty bad...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i've never heard or seen any exhaust system boost hp to 11 or 14 hp or any double digit matter of fact. I figure with what it ism the most is like 3-5 or so unless u go straight pipe.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Archon_Ninja said:
i've never heard or seen any exhaust system boost hp to 11 or 14 hp or any double digit matter of fact. I figure with what it ism the most is like 3-5 or so unless u go straight pipe.
i know NO exhaust system for a celica will give 11 or 14 HP Im saying that is the "Claimed" HP gain of the exhausts.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Good grief how many times must this be stated:

if you look at the dynos, the exhausts do gain 14 hp. But not peak horsepower, it's 14 horsepower at around the 6K rpm area.
Peak horsepower is 3 - 4.

thanks. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kit99bar said:
here's the picture
CAN"T SEE SH*T CAPTAIN!!!

That is the only pic of the exhaust available...the description I gave you was what I received from Howard, the manager of Pole Position Products. If you dont believe me then email him or call...Sh*t I'm the one asking the questions cause I dont know....you dont have to be all up in my face and sh*t...if you dont know then dont whore on my thread...

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
You sure that's the exhaust for the Celica in the picture? There are three other cars listed there, and I don't think the Celica has a spot for that hanger on the end (if I remember correctly :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
:D :D :D

MannyGT-S said:

That is the only pic of the exhaust available...the description I gave you was what I received from Howard, the manager of Pole Position Products. If you dont believe me then email him or call...Sh*t I'm the one asking the questions cause I dont know....you dont have to be all up in my face and sh*t...if you dont know then dont whore on my thread...

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
You sure that's the exhaust for the Celica in the picture? There are three other cars listed there, and I don't think the Celica has a spot for that hanger on the end (if I remember correctly :rolleyes: ).
nope, that is NOT the TRD Japan exhaust for the ZZT231. This is:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
QWKsilvr808 said:

nope, that is NOT the TRD Japan exhaust for the ZZT231. This is:

Thanks man...I couldnt find that...I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but Pole Position Products told me that the JDM is louder then the USA...do you know if there is any performance differences between the two?...I find it suprising that another guy on this thread said he read the USA was better then JDM...JDM is usually better isnt it? Maybe better for quality and not performance in this case?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I remember a discussion abou tthe JDM TRD exhaust abouta year or two ago and if I remember correctly the JDM version either didn't make as much power or didn't fit. Now this was over two years ago so I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I remember the conclusion came to be.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts