NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am planning to get some jl audio component speakers and i was wondering if there is a big difference between the vr650csi and the xr650csi... im kind of on a tight budget so i would rather go with the vr650csi. the xr series has a 1" tweeter which means that i would have to make it fit but the vr series has a .75" tweeter so it would fit the stock mount perfectly right???

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well, neither tweeter will just "fit" the stock mount. Chances are you will need to modify the factory mount or make your own. Just use the backstrapping that comes with radios.

As for the VR's and XR's, yes, there is a difference. The tweeter size is one of those big differences. The VR tweeter is a 3/4" silk dome while the XR tweeter is a 1" aluminum dome. The difference? A hard domed tweeter will reproduce higher frequencies much better. That's why people thing they are sharp, because they don't understand how the music is suppose to sound like. As for the mids, I don't know exactly the difference. The XR's do play lower and can handle more power, but beyond that I don't know.

If you are looking to find good prices, get JL on eBay. The only thing is, if you buy JL online, they will NOT support you. Customer service is ONLY for purchases made in a store, not online. I know the JL techs personally, and if you buy JL online, it is behind their back.

Curt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.