NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a lengthy yet very productive tuning session last night. I am very pleased with the results. The car seems to be running great. LTFT's are from 3.1 to -0.8 after the hour drive home which is significantly better then it was when i was stock (last log was 4 and 22 ltft NA with stock ecu) and A/F is right in the target range throughout the rpm's

I am also happy that throughout the tuning session Jordan made sure to explain everything he was checking, changing, how he determined the change etc that way I could monitor things and make small changes down the road. The attention to detail was 2nd to none which is very good when trying to make the car as safe as possible for a daily driver.

After the non reading knock sensor is worked out we will probably do another short road session then a dyno session and be good to go. I would highly recommend him if you are tuning an EMU (cant specify for other controllers) if you are in the area.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
price depended on time and it was less then what other local tuners wanted. i'm sure they would not have taken the care that he did either by random stories from locals

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
BTW, that range of LTFT's is BETTER than you typically see on a bone stock celica, let alone one with as many modifications as Dan's.

More importantly, in terms of maintaining the tune in open loop, they are completely negligible. The target map corrections can easily handle a LTFT of 3-5%. That said, the LTFT carried into WOT is a mere 0.8%, which is nothing.

His car pulls like a beast -- I think the dyno numbers will be quite good.

We may have one more road tuning session, then we're ready for the dyno -- stay tuned (no pun intended) :D

How much did you pay him/
A bag of gold and his first born daughter (thanks, Dan!).

Why, are you planning to fly me out to tune your car? If so, PM me for price :D

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't forget the cow as well

BTW, that range of LTFT's is BETTER than you typically see on a bone stock celica, let alone one with as many modifications as Dan's.

His car pulls like a beast -- I think the dyno numbers will be quite good.

We may have one more road tuning session, then we're ready for the dyno -- stay tuned (no pun intended) :D
:rimshot: nice. I am very happy with the pull now. Lift isnt nearly as noticeable which i was told a number of times by other greddy s/c'ed guys before but you can still hear the sound change. Also boost is showing a peak of just around 8-9lbs so its running strong.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
don't forget the cow as well

:rimshot: nice. I am very happy with the pull now. Lift isnt nearly as noticeable which i was told a number of times by other greddy s/c'ed guys before but you can still hear the sound change. Also boost is showing a peak of just around 8-9lbs so its running strong.
The sensation of lift is an illusion -- the big cam profile is still doing it's thing.

Boost > lift.

None of us who are boosted feel more than a phantom hint of N/A lift any more -- and we don't miss it one freaking bit :D

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha i agree then extra pull from boost completely outweighs the minimal increase of lift. However i can't make a crazy face and say "vvtL-i just kicked in yo!" . . . ok really just kidding on that one :D

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jordan and I spent another bit tonight driving around getting out any small bugs that i've found since the 1st tuning session and seems to run like a champ. no bogging, hesitations found at any rpm range or load. AFR's are superb and ltft's are minimal as can be. Hopefully next week will be dyno :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.