1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I can see them. That rear quarter panel is easily 2500-3500 worth of damage. Any panel replacement is usually in this range. Then you gotta factor in frame pulling if thats needed. what year is that beast?

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Butt Dyno said:
http://www.oblivion.net/~john/miata/

In particular:

http://www.oblivion.net/~john/miata/IMG_0656.jpg
http://www.oblivion.net/~john/miata/IMG_0654.jpg

So it's got issues, but the owner is only asking $1900, and with a reasonable quote on how much those things cost to fix I might be able to talk it down a bit.

What do yall think? Assuming that the compression check, Carfax check, no evidence of respray, etc turns out OK? Anyone have any idea how much that stuff would cost to fix?

Thanks

john
Those repair by my complete random guess are going to be at least $2K. It looks like the body bent a little because it looks like the trunk lid doesn't fit right, which means alot more labor than just the body work.

At that point it wouldn't be worth it.

Bill would know better.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
I was just thinking the other day, "I wonder what's up with Bill? I haven't heard from him in a while...."

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Bill is good .. I saw him yesterday .. he is working and getting to go home to be with his family instead of sitting back to fix celicas ..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There's a red Miata for sale for $3900 in Manassas on 28 behind Micron. The body looks good, don't know what kind of miles it has though.

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
djm221 said:
There's a red Miata for sale for $3900 in Manassas on 28 behind Micron. The body looks good, don't know what kind of miles it has though.
What year because if its the era John is looking at, its too expensive.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Originally posted by Beast
I was just thinking last night, "I wonder what's up with Bill? I haven't heard from him in a while...."
Originally posted by ringthree
It looks like the body bent a little because it looks like the trunk lid doesn't fit right, which means alot more labor than just the body work.
I'm thinking that it is misaligned because the 1/4 got pushed in.

It doesn't matter anyway, it'll be a track car. Call it a battle scar and move on.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to be thorough I emailed the guy with the green one too.

Thank you all for dissuading me, I get blinded by percieved "good deals"

Maybe she will sell it for $900

john

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by bme107
I'm thinking that it is misaligned because the 1/4 got pushed in.

It doesn't matter anyway, it'll be a track car. Call it a battle scar and move on.
John wants to use it as a track/Winter driver :wtf. I'm still trying to figure out who in their right mind gets a Miata of all things as a winter driver.....when they have a WRX.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
John wants to use it as a track/Winter driver :wtf. I'm still trying to figure out who in their right mind gets a Miata of all things as a winter driver.....when they have a WRX.
:werd: I guess he figures if he wrecks the Miata is not that much of a loss. Get teh Civic, Foo!!! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts