NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeap, i went with sal zaino's advice and bought a 215 mph Toro leaf blower

(my girlfriend gave me the strangest look when i told her it was to dry my car)

WORKS GREAT!!! i dried my car in about 5 minutes, and no more water coming out of the creaks after driving around - definitely worth the $$$

. . . plus i get to help out with yard work too

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
lol..i have been doing this for years with ECHO commercial blowers..they blow alot harder then 215 mph, and since my dad owns a landscaping company its free for me to use :)

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
It's a great drying solution, just make sure that the engine doesn't exhaust through the "blow" hole. Otherwise you'll be shooting oil/gas all over your clean car.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I dunno about a leaf blower stripping wax man it woudln't be much different than you doing 100mph on the interstate which I do often in short blasts of course, but even if you double that to 200 mph I don't think it would strip wax, that is interesting though!! I' ll have to check into that!!

J

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
200mph through a 3" dia pipe @ 12" from the surface will not strip wax.

100psi from an air compressor @ 1/4" from the surface through a blower/inflator nozzle maybe.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FYI: do you know who told me to buy a leafblower? . . . SAL Zaino, he personally replies to each email. he uses a leaf blower himself

i bought it at homedepot for $60, GREAT quality product, defintely worth the money

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Damn $60 thats expensive, when I worked for Home Depot they were like $30 at most!! Ask them if they will sell u the display and u can get them a lot cheaper!!

J

1 - 20 of 28 Posts