1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see... Their name = my bank
It is called Sumitomo :chuckles:
Well atleast cheap tires with thread > bald Pirelli P7000
I am saving up for tuning on my car but safty first. Tires no tuning blows engine = I live, no tires I crash in the wall = no point tuning.
I actually drifted making a big left turn a week ago, kinda fun but hate to lose it when I am not prepared for it.
Lets see 4 Sumitomo mount and balanced installed = $570 (235/40/18)
A pair of Pirelli P7000 mount and balanced installed = $589 (225/40/18)
What is cool is my tires made my car ride higher :chuckles:
I had 225/40/18 on my Pirelli but my bank tires os 235/40/18
I always thought 40 profile determines height on the sidewall, turns out its not. What I gathered is 225 is the area of the tires and 40% (profile) goes to the sidewall, therefore 235's 40% is greater than 225. Never knew that before, so now my tires make my car taller, less likely to scrape on driveways :gap:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
nice.. i went getting quotes for tires.. and this guy at america's tire liked my car.. or me.. i dunno :gay: .. and got me a great deal on some nitto neo gens.. 225/40/18 = 500 mounted and balanced... when i went back to actually buy and mount the tires.. the guy didn't work there anymore.. and the people at america's tire were really hesitant to give me that price.. luckily i had the last guy write the quote down on paper.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
anyone in socal, i know a shop that can beat tirerack or discount tires prices mounted and balanced. pm me for more info

·
Registered
199 Posts
sheizen said:
anyone in socal, i know a shop that can beat tirerack or discount tires prices mounted and balanced. pm me for more info
I do too.

If you want to drive to Montclair/Ontario PM me for details.

Johnny

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the best price I saw on Tirerack is $191 for 235/40/18 ZR rated tires is a closeout Good Year... Each tire... Compare to $142.50 mount & balanced my tires is not that expensive.

BTW prices between 18 and 17 is alot due to alot of competition at that size and availibility so keep that in mind :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
You should try the Yokohama A032Rs next time. $800 bucks (not counting mounting or shipping) for a set of 4 (heat cycled) and worth every penny.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
i got my falken azenis for all four 215 45 16 for 276 mounted and balanced and all that good stuff. it probably helps that i work at americas tire company. and yes all the numbers you read on a tire are all in ratio from the first number like mike said.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts