NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I had gotten an itch to check out the '05 Matrix and While I was there I looked at and Test Drove an '05 Corolla S.

The matrix is a Minivan, plain and simple.
The Corolla is Aneimic as Hell. Clutch is too soft. It is hard to belive I have nearly the same engine..

Once toyota Stops making the Celica, They will have nothing of Interest to me.

I also saw a TC for the second time at the dealer, but unlike before, I think it now looks cheap, Esp. compared to the Celica.
The salesman said they were on a 4 week backorder they were selling so many TC's.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MicaCeli said:
The 2zz and the 1zz are not nearly the same.
I have a GT, Hence the screen name: (Steve 7th Gen GT)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Steve7thGenGT
I have a GT, Hence the screen name: (Steve 7th Gen GT)
I thought you test drove the XRS models. Why the heck would you want those cars anyway?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was Bored.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I sell scions in Houston and I can say I agree with you on the quality not seeming quite up to par. We do have a 4 week wait for auto's and a 6 week wait for manuals though.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Littleguy
I sell scions in Houston and I can say I agree with you on the quality not seeming quite up to par. We do have a 4 week wait for auto's and a 6 week wait for manuals though.
Interior looks of higher quality to me.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The Matrix in stock form sucks. The first thing to do is suspension and tire work. Get new springs of one's choosing, the TRD strut tower brace, the Progress rear sway bar, and some good speed-rated rubber, and any complaints about "minivan" will be squashed. My Trix feels like a go-cart now after those mods (just waiting for better tires).

If only Toyota bothered...but remember, they only care about the average Joe Driver.

I spent just under $500 upgrading my suspension (TRD springs, TRD STB, Progress RSB).

Don't forget that the 1ZZ Trix can be S/Ced. Also there is the TRD CAI available...well, not yet for the '05s anyway, as there is an issue with the drive-by wire.

Check out www.matrixowners.com

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by alphasubzero949
The Matrix in stock form sucks. The first thing to do is suspension and tire work. Get new springs of one's choosing, the TRD strut tower brace, the Progress rear sway bar, and some good speed-rated rubber, and any complaints about "minivan" will be squashed.

Don't forget that the 1ZZ Trix can be S/Ced. Also there is the TRD CAI available...well, not yet for the '05s anyway, as there is an issue with the drive-by wire.

DBW seems to be killing some power.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Interior looks of higher quality to me.
I've seen too many of my customers come back for warranty work already. Sunroof problems, power windows problems, radio face cover, etc.....

I'd at least wait until toyota fixes the problems for the 2006 models myself.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I've seen too many of my customers come back for warranty work already. Sunroof problems, power windows problems, radio face cover, etc.....

I'd at least wait until toyota fixes the problems for the 2006 models myself.

well build quality I guess. I was referring to its initial look.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
well build quality I guess. I was referring to its initial look.
I totally agree with you as far as initial look. Personally I'm suprised by these build quality issues.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I totally agree with you as far as initial look. Personally I'm suprised by these build quality issues.
I wouldnt know. I dont own a scion. I only play one on newscion.org

·
Registered
569 Posts
Littleguy said:
really? how long have you worked at Toyota?

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
about a year, I've been scion sales manager at my houston dealer for about 4 months.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Littleguy said:
about a year, I've been scion sales manager at my houston dealer for about 4 months.
I figured you werent through too many new vehicle launches... things like that are very common, even with Toyota and pretty minor in grand scale of things (major things being mechanical problems)... Expect 3-4 month old models to relieved of quirks like that (sunroof, radio door). Toyota does constant small production changes (kaizen), there would be no reason to wait for 2006 MY as things dont work that way. I would say 3 months for common stuff to be worked out, and for anything else that is not an actual problem you would have to wait for next MMC (minor model change). Since tC is based on proven platform and mechanical, there shouldnt be too many real issues, if any.

Thankfully, worst "common" toyota new model problems would be few squeaks here and there (remembering Corolla start..urgh).

Lots of Scion tC buyers are first time new car owners, coming from computer generation, thinking how car should be perfect but the truth is - they are not. On top of that, we all use them hard and then think they should stay as they were... tough luck with that.

While an average Toyota owner might not even report his glovebox squeak to his service manager, Scion owner would ask if there was an recall and if his car was a lemon :).

Toyota is not perfect, just better than others... we are all human afterall.
Warranty is always nice....

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
you make a great point.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
I wouldnt know. I dont own a scion. I only play one on newscion.org
:chuckles:
Originally posted by xspwolf
I figured you werent through too many new vehicle launches... things like that are very common, even with Toyota and pretty minor in grand scale of things (major things being mechanical problems)... Expect 3-4 month old models to relieved of quirks like that (sunroof, radio door). Toyota does constant small production changes (kaizen), there would be no reason to wait for 2006 MY as things dont work that way. I would say 3 months for common stuff to be worked out, and for anything else that is not an actual problem you would have to wait for next MMC (minor model change). Since tC is based on proven platform and mechanical, there shouldnt be too many real issues, if any.

Thankfully, worst "common" toyota new model problems would be few squeaks here and there (remembering Corolla start..urgh).

Lots of Scion tC buyers are first time new car owners, coming from computer generation, thinking how car should be perfect but the truth is - they are not. On top of that, we all use them hard and then think they should stay as they were... tough luck with that.

While an average Toyota owner might not even report his glovebox squeak to his service manager, Scion owner would ask if there was an recall and if his car was a lemon :).

Toyota is not perfect, just better than others... we are all human afterall.
Warranty is always nice....
you should post this on scionlife.com, they need an eye opener.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts