NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a few years since I came here and caused hate and discontenet. Are people still "miss-shifting" and blowing engines? I know a year or so ago a young lady sued Toyota and won for this reason, to bad she did not make it a class action suit. Toyota held true to the "abuse" stance and her lawers tore up Toyota proving other makes and modles with six speeds were considerably harder to miss-shift. I now own a s2000 wich is possible to miss-shift but difficult if you pay attention just a little. Just curious.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Yup, people are still ham-fisting the shifter, even with much wider 02+ gates. Hell, we've even had a couple people misshift GTs. :rolleyes: Proving once again that misshifting is completely the driver's fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been proved in a court of law diffrently. Although miss-shifting a 5 speed GT well thats just funny. I can't beleive there are still hard heads around here saying it is driver error, when Toyota has taken a fall and changed gate positions. Amazing

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If they widened the shift gates to prevent misshifting, and people are still misshifting, that tends to point to the driver as being at fault. The shifter goes into the passenger's lap in 6th, and people hit the gate between 1st and 3rd when shifting to 3rd since there's such a huge gap between 1/2 and 3/4. Misshifting is caused by not paying attention to shifting, plain and simple. Acura didn't do anything to prevent the misshifts on their RSX-S, and neither did Honda on their S2000. Plus, they don't cover misshifts under warranty nearly as easy as Toyota. BTW, the Lotus Elise has the same engine and tranny, so we'll see how it does with misshifts. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts