NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And i asked them bout the recall and they know nothing bout it until monday when they can ring up someone or something.

And also i heard 2 words i didnt want to hear:
"Bad news...."

I told em to check out my 4th gear crunching....

U guessed it... synchro!!!!

Minimum $1000 to fix... so i was wondering if anyone knows a good place to get this synchro thingy fixed for a decent price?!

Thanks all...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok just read around the forums, and the general notion was to replace ALL the synchros while its open (it being something hehe)

So i guess thats what i gotta do!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... looks like im getting it done by the dude that rebuilt the CREATD lancer's gearbox....

·
Registered
263 Posts
-[ez]- said:
ok... looks like im getting it done by the dude that rebuilt the CREATD lancer's gearbox....
My Bro-in-law is mates with him! Works at Autobahn yeah. What have you been quoted?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still yet to get in contact with him... its hard going through a "friend" who's uncle is best mates with him lol

it'd b better than toyota i guess

·
Registered
107 Posts
i'm starting to get that crunching problem but only with reverse. if the car is on an angle like the driveway and try to get it in reverse i get it but not all the time.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i also have trouble getting reverse in gear , but my driveway is a declined, but if u let the car roll alittle foward it falls right in, is this normal??

·
Registered
263 Posts
I should be getting my gear next week (TRD LSD,Fidanza Flywheel and Exedy clutch kit). Anyone in Melbourne know a good place to get them installed?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bout the reverse crunching, the guy at toyota told me its normal coz there isnt any SYNCHRO's for the reverse gear.

So all u gotta do is roll a bit and its all good.

Im out of warranty by a year :'(

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matt do some work and stop surfin the net =P

Ive got an excuse to be home, IM GRADUATING IN A FEW HOURS WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts