NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so just got my wheels on, bought 17's instead of the 18's I was after, but it was a great price, and tbh with the weather turning and the state of my tyres I wasn't in a position to be picky. Sorry for crappy pics, didn't have a camera so took them on my phone, and didnt wanna stay around out there any longer than I already had

A drop is definitely in order for next month.

The tires on my old wheels were 205 55 16s and the new ones are 205 40 17... anyone know how this will affect my speedo? (I know it will only be slight, but just want to know if it will be slightly over, or slightly below, for speed cameras etc.

Thanks to Celicasaur for his last minute advice, and hombredelassrta, celica_2nr, Soo__Fuego and gtsjeg04 for all your info. (sorry if i've left anyone out)

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Those look like really low profile tires..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't like this... Gonna have to get the tyres changed and throw these ones on ebay or something :( it feels bumpy

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know :( when i dropped the car back down I thought the axle stands were still under lol I've got an idea, may be a guy at work who can use these tyres, if i can sell these ones i can get some 45s and live happily ever after.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ Thanks, its grown on me some, the acceleration feels faster... and second gear sits sweetly when you turn into corners so when you touch the pedal you're off... I'm set to get some new tyres, I can trade my old wheels and tyres in and bump up the extra with cash.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Lose the spoiler and it wont look too bad..

·
Registered
867 Posts
drop then :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im not big on chrome but there ok. defenitly need a drop though.
lol they're not actually chrome, not sure what they are.. but they're nowhere near that shiny in person.

Lose the spoiler and it wont look too bad..
no lol

once you drop the car, it will look 100x better.
Yup :D checking out springs and shocks now.. Its bad to have just springs isn't it?

For Americans yes, we do dd/mm/yyyy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts