NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished installing my 4300k kit and its finally dark out. Heres the outcome: Is it installed wrong or misaligned because on the second pic theres a weird orange/yellow thing in the midlle. The third pic has a chunk of light missing in the middle. What do you think?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you guys mount the driver side ballast? I cant find any room! The only place that fits was under the headlight assembly. anyone else mount it there? I noticed that it is exposed to the environment through the second hole from the right on the action package. any problems? how hot does the bottom of the headlight assembly and ballast get...im thinking about using some duct tape to secure it more.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with the supplied mounting tape right?

What kind of front bumper do you have? Is there a risk of getting it wet

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow newcelica.org is starting to die down. I remember back then I used to get help within a day....Can anyone help me out?

I also noticed something weird again. While I was doing a search on hid bulbs, I noticed that my bulbs were different from other peoples. On the bottom part of the clear bulb(right above the base) there is brown material that wraps around the bulb(has the same texture as the long brown stick next to the bulb.)

Did I get the wrong parts?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FreshMeat said:
Where did you guys mount the driver side ballast? I cant find any room! The only place that fits was under the headlight assembly. Anyone else mount it there? I noticed that it is exposed to the environment through the second hole from the right on the action package and the wheel well. any problems?...im thinking about using some duct tape to secure it more.....What is the yellow/orange flare in the second pic? anyone else get this?

:( :sadpace:

·
Registered
409 Posts
i mounted both of mine under the headlight assembly and i had the same worry about open areas when i got the action package bumper but almost 2 years later ive faced no problems and ive been through some big puddles...i used zip tie to mount the ballasts thats been fine as welll...i think u should be just fine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts