NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if i installed it right.. so far i can only tell little difference.. but even with the little difference I can say that I am happy.. if u guys see something wrong, please let me know..
sorry about the quality of the pics

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
yea it looks right, but i have heard of some probs with this brace as well, my boy yves got the brace and now he is having trouble shifting. like i have said before, i never liked how the brace on held one side of the engine, where the engine flexes more on one side

·
Registered
380 Posts
MeGaXmAn27-everything looks good.

Hungster-There might be something about the tranny that is messed up from before that the brace is now emphasizing and probably would be emphasized by the mount as well, but I doubt that the brace is causing shifting problems. The design of the brace would not have a negative effect on shifting.

What are the problems yves is having. To just post up saying he has problems is not constructive and does not help me or anyone else solve the problem. Is he grinding gears? Miss shifting? Maybe he's letting the clutch out too fast. Are the synchros bad from hard shifting? is he driving too hard to prove that the brace works? Yves hasn't contacted me with any problems, my customer service is good and when people talk to me they get results. To just post and say something is wrong doesn't help either him or me fix the problem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guys,

I'm not saying you're knocking the brace. I just think that the brace might be showing a problem with your tranny that was normally apparent. A synchro can go bad long before you feel it. Maybe the smoother action and shifting is causing the problem to show itself. Our cars are known to have some synchro problems. I've seen many threads on people haveing to get them replaced.

I have no problems talking to people or trying to help people out.

TRIPPIN- I got your PM and nothing was meant towards you in any way, as far as I'm concerned we are cool, and I'm glad you are still going to use the brace on your GF's car.

Hungster- I understand your posting to let people know your experiences with things. I just would ask that you explain them as you post. Saying things like the gears grind, without a full explaination of how and why doesn't help me to figure out what is wrong. If it is a problem with the brace I want to fix it if it's not then I want to be able to defend it. Not fully described problems don't help me or you and lead to people trying to make up their own answers, which are usually wrong.

M-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.