NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the XD 4300k and from looking at larryd's install guide it looks like I need to reshape the pin but it doesnt say anything about modifying the x-clip. I made a search people say its needed on xenondepot kits.

So what do I do....reshape the pin and modify the x-clip or just do one of those?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i have the mccolloch and instead of having one thick wire it has 2 thinner ones coming out so i didnt have to reshape the pin to go around the wire,... for a tight fit i used zip ties to hold downt he bulb in place

·
Registered
164 Posts
Freshmeat, don't reshape the pin, i bought the XD 4300k kit also... when you take your stock bulb out theres a black peice of plastic that the pin goes around and holds tight it also pluggs into the bulb. dremel the center out and put the HID through it, it will hold the HID sooo much tighter than the bent pin. trust me! it takes more time and its a little tricky but you'll be much more satisfied with the out come.

·
Registered
164 Posts
it's plugged in to the old stock bulb. if you pull the stock bulb out there's a black part on the back of the bulb that will unplugg.

·
Registered
521 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
yea dont have that black piece
Then you should go toyou Toyota Dealership and get a pair. Drill them out with a Dremel tool and they will secure the bulbs in much better than foam insulation, sponge or bending the wire.

MODERATOR: PLEASE DELETE THIS POST AND THE POST AFTER THIS.

·
Registered
521 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
Then you should go to your Toyota Dealership and get a pair. Drill them out with a Dremel tool and they will secure the bulbs in much better than foam insulation, sponge or bending the wire.

·
Registered
521 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
Then you should go to your Toyota Dealership and get a pair. Drill them out with a Dremel tool and they will secure the bulbs in much better than foam insulation, sponge or bending the wire.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what does the x-clip actually do? do you put the bulb through it and the x-clip presses it into place with the pin?

looking at larryd's install pictures it doesnt look like it fits anywhere...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might be getting the kit around thurs. or fri. depending on when xenondepot ships it. So I'll probably figure it out then but its really bugging me. Hope you guys can figure out what im asking.

A pic would really help:D.......

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
hey jimmy. your lights look nice. did you get hid's for your low's and fogs? the xd 4300? i am looking into some hid's also.

·
Registered
386 Posts
thats very true . looks like larry didnt use the stock bulb holder to install it.. hmm. interessting question .. i have my xetronic hid on the way too.. so hopefully larry can answer

·
Registered
164 Posts
larry just bent the wire down to hold the bulb tight in the headlight... i did this and i could shake the bulb around and wasn't happy... i was reading somewhere and found out how to dremel out the black peice... u can get them from toyota for like 10$... i don't know the part number.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts