NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i painted my MR2 yesterday with spraypaint to see how it would look. this is a rough look at what the finished product will be, the hood will get replaced with CF most likly and the body will get straiteded cause it has plenty of problems right now. anyway im looking for opinions and suggestions

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
my friends brother is doing this with his triumph.. with cans of paint from shucks.. lol it actually looks good but he doesnt have anywhere to store it inside.. so its all outside :-\

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i have to store it outside too, i was gonna do black but i know a guy who did his black and hes doing the same swap so i really dont want too be the same color

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will keep you all posted on the work, it still need a lot of care and work,

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
What year is that? My dad's '88 has different looking vents on the passenger side, and he had different OEM wheels too. What swap are you doing?

It amazes me how many people want this car. People are always coming up to him and asking him if he wants to sell it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its an 85 and the body changed from mine to your dads in either 86 or 87 and i bout a JDM spec 93 MR2 turbo engine from my friend today that im swapping in, it should be fun. and yeah i have had a few people ask me about mine and it was all primer till saturday

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Wow, that's a nice engine. That car's going to fly. :cool:

My dad's looking for a beater right now so that he can preserve the MR2. It has like 210,000 miles on it and he's the original owner. He just slapped some 16's on it recently and it looks way better than before. It's the perfect size for that small of a car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i agree. i had some 16 inch konig holes on mine for a while but i gave them to my dad for his accent cause they where just rotting away on my two, and yeah the thought of how fast the car will be gets me all exited.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not a bad idea maybe i will go get some more paint and try it, that was the whole point to this anyway

·
2ZZ-GTE
695 Posts
Nice 2 tone, i still prefer the yellow on any mr2, but it looks good. i had the yellow on my old 88 sc. It was in 87 the mr2 got visual upgrades, with a front lip, different tails, different side vent, t-tops on some, and again in 88 with the sc engine lid. Yours looks good so far, and with what you have planned it will definetly be fast, good luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thank you. i plan on going to an 88 body when i got some money cause the previouse owner twisted the underside of the front bumper all to hell. anyway thanks for all the feedback i appreciate it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts