NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.4" drop all the way around. For those of you with experience with these springs, have you had any problems? What is the quality? How do they make the car look (I mean does it make it look a lot better)?

I'm going to be riding on stock shocks and stock 15's, will I get any rub or any problems?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
no problems whats so ever i can still clear the parking curb by like 1 millimeter. never had any rubbing on my 15's but driving over dips in the road i scratch up my trd bumper if im not careful

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Here's a pic of my car with the springs:

They help with handling, launch, and braking by reducing the amount the car leans. The ride is a bit stiffer and slightly bouncy over certain bumps (same as any other spring), but the performance increase is well worth it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey, what a coincidence. I found some S-techs that can be shipped to my door for $130. I also found some Skunk2 spring for $143 at my door. I can't decide which ones to get though, can you guys recommend one over the other? I really want to drop my car but I want good performance out of it too (and compatibility with aftermarket swaybars like the ST or hotchkis). The big difference here is the skunk's lower 2-2.25" compared to the s-techs 1.4". Do you think that 2" is too much (strut problem?)? The height of the back of my car really bugs me.. the front isnt as bad but I do want to drop it down a good amount.

BTW, this is with stock struts and 15" wheels also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KNanthrup said:
Hey, what a coincidence. I found some S-techs that can be shipped to my door for $130. I also found some Skunk2 spring for $143 at my door. I can't decide which ones to get though, can you guys recommend one over the other? I really want to drop my car but I want good performance out of it too (and compatibility with aftermarket swaybars like the ST or hotchkis). The big difference here is the skunk's lower 2-2.25" compared to the s-techs 1.4". Do you think that 2" is too much (strut problem?)? The height of the back of my car really bugs me.. the front isnt as bad but I do want to drop it down a good amount.

BTW, this is with stock struts and 15" wheels also.

If you are staying with the stock stuts, get Tein, do not even think about getting the skunk2's. ;)

Also, the ones for $130, did you find those on ebay? I purchased mine on ebay and they were $130 total (with buying amount and shipping), but I paid $5 more for insurance and they charged me 8.25% tax because I'm in california.:fawk:

·
Registered
435 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
tein is a quality keep that in mind when u make your decision
2inch drop is pretty extreme just be ready to deal with curb rash
Yeah I'll probably just stick with the teins. I was just curious.. i thought skunk2's were good too but not sure.

·
Registered
435 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
i havent heard anythign good about thier coilovers but when it comes to springs tein is the way to go
awesome, thanks for the advice

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The Skunk2s are only good when paired with matching struts. Koni Yellows have had good results with them at reasonable heights (<1.5"), since you can match the damping rate of the strut with the Skunk2s spring rate (waaay higher than stock). Using the stock struts, you'd just be bouncing around, feeling every little pebble that the tire runs over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts