NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
krichards said:
I heard of a 260whp DC5 that did 9.0 seconds on the 1/4 with only 260whp and matt of monkey wrench is doing 11.9 with over 400whp boosted almost double the N/a power of the DC5. Dont you see the disadvantage of boost? too much toruque, too much wheelspin.

N/A is more linear power than boost and so dont look at 200whp n/a and compare it to a 200whp boosted car the n/a will rock its ass. I would sum it up like this for every 1hp N/a you get 3whp Boost..lol
Theres a big difference between a tube frame race car weighting in at 900 lbs and Matts 2000+ pound car. Also no car with 260 HP is in the 9s.

FI is great - if you have too much wheelspin that means you need better tires, not that you have too much power.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
krichards said:
would'nt a 3s-gte swap work out cheaper/better than the K20 swap? and you have far greater power making potential?
Yes, but you are even better off with a upgraded 2ZZ. You can have a rediculously stout built 2ZZ WITH a bigass turbo for under 15K which is what it would cost you to get a stock K20 in. Hell for that makker you can have a pretty highly powered NA 2ZZ for $15K

Theres no point. If you want to swap something in, at least swap something BIG

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
gAngsTa said:
I was wondering if the K20a (RSX-S) engine swap for the celica is easy to. I really love the performance of the K20A and wanted to swap it into my GT. What are there need to be modify to fit. Tell me what ya'll think about this. Appreciated.
Custom axkes
cutom mounts
'custom mount brackets
the entire fron clip off an RSX-S in oder to get:
Wiring
ECU
engine
tranny
shifter
cables

You are then in for a nightmare of custom wiring. You will also have to attempt to make your gauges work somehow with a Honda computer. Or you can swap in the Honda gauge cluster and hack your dash, and then you will need the vehicle wiring harness, and some sort of hack to make your AC work.

Good luck and keep us up to date with lots of pics. Don't ask me for help - I don't like Hondas.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Prototype_MS said:
There is a lotus in the usa that has the k20 swap in it. see November and December issues of Sport Compact Car. It was one of the cars that competed in the USCC.
Yup - built by Joe McCarthy in Torrance, CA - hes been swapping Honda motors into Lotus cars for years. I've been to his shop, the guy is a hell of a good machinist and welder.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Cost is going to be high - a base model K20 swap for a Lotus will cost you $15K with him

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
NRojas said:
Boosted2.0 said:
Yup - built by Joe McCarthy in Torrance, CA - hes been swapping Honda motors into Lotus cars for years. I've been to his shop, the guy is a hell of a good machinist and welder.
hey boosted where exactly is his shop i work in torrance and there's a lotus here with a license plate that says "sck23a" i've always wondered about that
Hes buried back in that brown brickish industrial complex between Crenshaw and Vanness and between 190th and Del Amo - right by the refinery near Edlebrock

theres no signage on his shop and its way back in there - kind of hard to find.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
He had a navy blue one when I was there, not sure if it was his or a customers.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
GSBoek said:
Celicasaur said:
Indeed. It gets tedious. It's like there are phases that people go through in the performance mods section. One month it will be tons of threads asking about intakes, the next exhausts, then 3S-GTE swaps and now K20 swaps :rolleyes:
Wait till I start one about a 2GR-FSE swap :chuckles:
Now THAT is a swap I could get behind! :D

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
00CeliCan said:
Boosted2.0 said:
Now THAT is a swap I could get behind! :D
Would it be possible to swap that lexus engine into the Celica? 305hp in a 2500lb car would be a whole hell of alot of fun!
Its a big motor - it would most likely require a funky bulgy hood and possibly moving some metal around up front - its probably not worth it. It would be cool though - imagine spalling a nice twin turbo on a motor that makes 305HP NA ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.