NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a lotus in the usa that has the k20 swap in it. see November and December issues of Sport Compact Car. It was one of the cars that competed in the USCC.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Prototype_MS said:
There is a lotus in the usa that has the k20 swap in it. see November and December issues of Sport Compact Car. It was one of the cars that competed in the USCC.
Yup - built by Joe McCarthy in Torrance, CA - hes been swapping Honda motors into Lotus cars for years. I've been to his shop, the guy is a hell of a good machinist and welder.
The ride was without a doubt impressive. You might be able to contact him and ask what he would suggest for your swap. Im sure he could point you in the right direction as to cost and such.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Cost is going to be high - a base model K20 swap for a Lotus will cost you $15K with him
I would think that the results would not be worth the price unless you could cut the costs by doing your own machining, but i could be wrong. For the price you could build a 2zz turbo or s/c with Internals (mmmm....yummy). But it would be sweet to see it get built.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.