NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
K20A engine swap for my GT???

I was wondering if the K20a (RSX-S) engine swap for the celica is easy to. I really love the performance of the K20A and wanted to swap it into my GT. What are there need to be modify to fit. Tell me what ya'll think about this. Appreciated.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Go and buy a RSX-S?

This is the second thread this week about this.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
gAngsTa said:
I was wondering if the K20a (RSX-S) engine swap for the celica is easy to. I really love the performance of the K20A and wanted to swap it into my GT. What are there need to be modify to fit. Tell me what ya'll think about this. Appreciated.
Custom axkes
cutom mounts
'custom mount brackets
the entire fron clip off an RSX-S in oder to get:
Wiring
ECU
engine
tranny
shifter
cables

You are then in for a nightmare of custom wiring. You will also have to attempt to make your gauges work somehow with a Honda computer. Or you can swap in the Honda gauge cluster and hack your dash, and then you will need the vehicle wiring harness, and some sort of hack to make your AC work.

Good luck and keep us up to date with lots of pics. Don't ask me for help - I don't like Hondas.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
you should try asking around in the mr-s forums, theres a couple, like two, that have done this in japan, and only one in america. the guy that got the swap done in america posts a lot in spyderchat.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
you could do this but like the other guy said it probably be a bitch and a half to do it, right now im lookin in to building up the GT's motor and increasing the displacement to 2.0 litre, whenever i get it done I'll let you guys know how it is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a lotus in the usa that has the k20 swap in it. see November and December issues of Sport Compact Car. It was one of the cars that competed in the USCC.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Prototype_MS said:
There is a lotus in the usa that has the k20 swap in it. see November and December issues of Sport Compact Car. It was one of the cars that competed in the USCC.
Yup - built by Joe McCarthy in Torrance, CA - hes been swapping Honda motors into Lotus cars for years. I've been to his shop, the guy is a hell of a good machinist and welder.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Prototype_MS said:
Yup - built by Joe McCarthy in Torrance, CA - hes been swapping Honda motors into Lotus cars for years. I've been to his shop, the guy is a hell of a good machinist and welder.
Hey well if he can do it, ANY internet enthusiast who belongs to a car forum should be able to replicate his work cheaply and successfully :rolleyes: :jerkoff:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Prototype_MS said:
The ride was without a doubt impressive. You might be able to contact him and ask what he would suggest for your swap. Im sure he could point you in the right direction as to cost and such.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Cost is going to be high - a base model K20 swap for a Lotus will cost you $15K with him

·
Registered
83 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Cost is going to be high - a base model K20 swap for a Lotus will cost you $15K with him
I would think that the results would not be worth the price unless you could cut the costs by doing your own machining, but i could be wrong. For the price you could build a 2zz turbo or s/c with Internals (mmmm....yummy). But it would be sweet to see it get built.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Custom axkes
cutom mounts
'custom mount brackets
the entire fron clip off an RSX-S in oder to get:
Wiring
ECU
engine
tranny
shifter
cables

You are then in for a nightmare of custom wiring. You will also have to attempt to make your gauges work somehow with a Honda computer. Or you can swap in the Honda gauge cluster and hack your dash, and then you will need the vehicle wiring harness, and some sort of hack to make your AC work.

Good luck and keep us up to date with lots of pics. Don't ask me for help - I don't like Hondas.
:laugh: :rofl:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
hey boosted where exactly is his shop i work in torrance and there's a lotus here with a license plate that says "sck23a" i've always wondered about that

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
FITGT said:
Go and buy a RSX-S?

This is the second thread this week about this.
Indeed. It gets tedious. It's like there are phases that people go through in the performance mods section. One month it will be tons of threads asking about intakes, the next exhausts, then 3S-GTE swaps and now K20 swaps :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
NRojas said:
Boosted2.0 said:
hey boosted where exactly is his shop i work in torrance and there's a lotus here with a license plate that says "sck23a" i've always wondered about that
Hes buried back in that brown brickish industrial complex between Crenshaw and Vanness and between 190th and Del Amo - right by the refinery near Edlebrock

theres no signage on his shop and its way back in there - kind of hard to find.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Hes buried back in that brown brickish industrial complex between Crenshaw and Vanness and between 190th and Del Amo - right by the refinery near Edlebrock

theres no signage on his shop and its way back in there - kind of hard to find.
huh, i think his shop is right across from where i work i could literally walk over there, if it's the same place that you're talking about, is his lotus navy blue?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
He had a navy blue one when I was there, not sure if it was his or a customers.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Celicasaur said:
Indeed. It gets tedious. It's like there are phases that people go through in the performance mods section. One month it will be tons of threads asking about intakes, the next exhausts, then 3S-GTE swaps and now K20 swaps :rolleyes:
Wait till I start one about a 2GR-FSE swap :chuckles:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.