NewCelica.org Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
GSBoek said:
Celicasaur said:
Indeed. It gets tedious. It's like there are phases that people go through in the performance mods section. One month it will be tons of threads asking about intakes, the next exhausts, then 3S-GTE swaps and now K20 swaps :rolleyes:
Wait till I start one about a 2GR-FSE swap :chuckles:
Now THAT is a swap I could get behind! :D

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Celicasaur said:
Indeed. It gets tedious. It's like there are phases that people go through in the performance mods section. One month it will be tons of threads asking about intakes, the next exhausts, then 3S-GTE swaps and now K20 swaps :rolleyes:
Very true

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Jesse IL said:
Hey well if he can do it, ANY internet enthusiast who belongs to a car forum should be able to replicate his work cheaply and successfully :rolleyes: :jerkoff:
So could I do this myself for under $5k? I mean I'm sure I can find a used K20 swap for under $4k easily.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
gAngsTa said:
I was wondering if the K20a (RSX-S) engine swap for the celica is easy to. I really love the performance of the K20A and wanted to swap it into my GT. What are there need to be modify to fit. Tell me what ya'll think about this. Appreciated.
Go for it. I'm thinking about swapping in the 6-cyl from a Chevy Uplander into my GT. Love the torque curve on that. :drool:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Beast said:
gAngsTa said:
I was wondering if the K20a (RSX-S) engine swap for the celica is easy to. I really love the performance of the K20A and wanted to swap it into my GT. What are there need to be modify to fit. Tell me what ya'll think about this. Appreciated.
Go for it. I'm thinking about swapping in the 6-cyl from a Chevy Uplander into my GT. Love the torque curve on that. :drool:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
00CeliCan said:
Boosted2.0 said:
Now THAT is a swap I could get behind! :D
Would it be possible to swap that lexus engine into the Celica? 305hp in a 2500lb car would be a whole hell of alot of fun!
Its a big motor - it would most likely require a funky bulgy hood and possibly moving some metal around up front - its probably not worth it. It would be cool though - imagine spalling a nice twin turbo on a motor that makes 305HP NA ;)

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Just to give you an idea of the size of the 2GR-FSE, here's a pic of the 3GR-FSE (3.0 liter version)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dietrich said:
k20? :( Isn't that kind of disgraceful towards the Celica? Not that any one is dissing the 2zz but it can't be all bad, Lotus decided to pick it up after all. Hm, what about a 1jz? Although I bet the conversion to rwd would be extremely pricey, and in the end it may be just better to go with 3sgte.

Is there any reason why Celica owners haven't (if they haven't that is,) tried to convert the GTS to using a similar set-up as the Elise since it's RWD? Or does the engine being in the rear make it a big differance to how the 2zz and rwd connect, which would in turn make it really hard or near impossible to use the Elise set-up/parts on a GTS...?

It would be bad ass to have a high powered Celica but our cars seem to be better suited as they were made, light weight and high revving, thus I'd think the SC would be the best option to higher power.

1.Lotus decided to use the 2zz engine b/c they needed an engine that would pass emissions and get them into the states.
2. using the 3sgte or any engine swap into a celica other than a 1zz or 2zz is going to be extremely pricey due to the fabrication and custom work required.
3. I thought about doing the rear engine swap like the elise but once again the elise is a totally different animal. more customazation needed to make celica into an mr car. suspension totally different. THE main reason the lotus is so stinking fast is because of the power to weight ratio.
4. I think the supercharger would give more low in power but i agree, i think our best bet is wieght reduction and ime still waiting to see a dyno on a stroker engine.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
S represents Direct Injection. Derived from the Swirl effect they achieve with Direct Injection.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.