NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, Likely flame ahead be warned.

Taking the plentiful RSX-S in the junkyards around my location I have a K20Z1 + X2M5. (Alternator, starter, wiring harness, shifter cables, shifter block, an extra head cover. Some other required’ and amenities I can’t think of instantly)

My first thoughts are putting a lift on the car and taking measurements of the gutted car then to find out the minimal amounts of cutting required without having a dangerously low driveshaft.
Does that just sound idiotic? Please give me better advice besides switching vehicles.

I know this hasn’t been completed although I do know it was time constraints that led to the only other attempt on the internet I could find not getting done.

I know I have next to no real support this will fail if / when I (my skill or lack thereof or my knowledge or lack thereof) do fail.

If I complete this wouldn’t it be great?

all the quotes I have seen have been 20-50k I get it. I’m 3k in with 2k in my bank and a steady job. Not looking good by any means. I need facts and if you can’t provide them I don’t blame you I’m curious as fuck and willing to break my knuckles and my heart.

If you want a direct question to answer it’s here!
Do you have Toyota SST’s in use from

thanks!

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,664 Posts
I'm going back a ways. But, my recollection is that the additional weight of the K20 would pretty much negate any gains. There are a bunch of threads on attempting this. All it takes is $$.

Cheaper to find a donor RSX shell to drop an engine into or find a replacement engine for the Celica.

Reactions: YarpenZagroon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going back a ways. But, my recollection is that the additional weight of the K20 would pretty much negate any gains. There are a bunch of threads on attempting this. All it takes is $$.

Cheaper to find a donor RSX shell to drop an engine into or find a replacement engine for the Celica.
Im looking to kill time and money, so I’m not dismayed in the slightest. Thank you.

Would early 00’s Toyota parts technically be able to function? I mean Tacoma’s are the recommended route for the conversion. Can I steal a diff and a drive shaft and see if it’s hackable by my ape like lack of intelligence?(Asking for motivation more than anything, wise kimosabe. I will research either way)

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,664 Posts
Mechanicals are not my forte. If you have an "ape like lack of intelligence", the custom work required may be too much for ya. Just the electronics alone are a nightmare.

If you want to kill time & money, try the stock market. Otherwise, invest in some Tylenol. ;)
K20A engine swap???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mechanicals are not my forte. If you have an "ape like lack of intelligence", the custom work required may be too much for ya. Just the electronics alone are a nightmare.

If you want to kill time & money, try the stock market. Otherwise, invest in some Tylenol. ;)
K20A engine swap???
That’s totally understandable, and I’m already hodling to the max on my end...

That being said I got my engine and tranny ECU-less because I have all the information required to tune one brand new. (And while I got 400 off the cost, I have a brand new (and compatible honda) one for 150 on its way

I expected to be removing my axles/brake systems and basically be cleaning my Toyota parts until I can revive my desiccated celica, thank you for linking that post you really are a godsend for me. I hadn’t thought about how the ECU I’m going to program would need an additional circuit conversion/transformation stage to be able to have Honda input read on Toyota parts (I did mention the suspension lift to see if anyone had thought that through before, to avoid doing a chop and weld-in driveshaft, I say this now to mention I want to do the least amount of hacking possible until I change my mind and replace my back seat with engine and sound proofing)

TLDR thank you 2way! You are a legend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts