NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an e-mail from kaaz sport. This is great news for me!

It says:

"We have Close ratio gear for 2zz engine 6-speed transmission."

I emailed them and asked them about the price....I am so excited.I thought I should share this info with you guys.
The only company that made this so far was C-one. I think KAAZ will be cheaper.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
awesome. can you get the gear ratios?

Not that I really would know what to do with them, but I'm sure there are ppl on here that would love to see them.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
yeah can you list the gear ratio's ? It'd be interesting to compare the c-one ratio's with the kaaz ratio's .....

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
OK guys, here's the information on the C-ONE gears. for comparison puposes...... we just need the data on the Kaaz gears.

From C-ONE's website

"The smooth shift work which does not let escape the power band. The cross mission which finishes to utilize engine power. The cross mission in order pulls out engine power to the maximum, to convey to drive system most efficiently. It sets the gear ratio only of the C-ONE which is suited for sport travelling the on the basis of the data which is driven out at the place of encounter of motor sport.

As for the manufacturer genuine mission because of the overdrive gear where the top gear of 5 fast gears or 6 fast gears is extreme, there is no power impression, furthermore each gear leaves by any means due to the entire ratio because it can connect to those.

The C-ONE mission sets the top gear during gear comparing below with

·
Registered
593 Posts
C ones first gear is longer. This is to enable the 1-2 shift to end up in lift without too much hassle. These ratios are for track use non for drag racing.

Why would anyone buy the celica to dragrace anyway??

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i emailed them and asked for more info. i will post when i have more news on this.

CIN a lot of people street race with their celicas. It is not a family car. you can still drag race with it. It does not have a lot of power but it is enough to kick some a$$.At least for me it is.

I think that the people who race really need the close ratio gears. Specially for a race from rolling or a long 1000 metre race.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Dimitri said:
I think that the people who race really need the close ratio gears. Specially for a race from rolling or a long 1000 metre race.
Hmm, I thought people who race need a race car...

The celica can be a race car, but that requires a race track...

Scott

·
Registered
593 Posts
;)

The celica is a good handling FWD it is not made to drag race. If you want to have fun go in a circuit. :)

And yes the car will go faster from a rolling start with the closer ratios. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you guys are saying that good handling FWD cars can not drag race?

OK CIN that should solve the street racing problem. We can all hit the tracks : )

·
Registered
207 Posts
We all need more info on this! Someone please help!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dimitri. It is not that they cannot drag, they can but I think that the Celica was made more to handle than to go straight. That does not mean that you cannot drag with it though. Its your car after all. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's whatever you friggin make of it guys! You can throw on some coilovers, struts, sways, camber links, etc. and have a wonderful autocross/track car (Hotchkis' Celica beat out an Evo VII on some track, i dont remember though), or you can take all of that off and throw on low comp TRD pistons, XS turbo, crank up the boost, get slicks, flywheel, clutch, LSD, etc. etc. and have a (probably) 12 second, at least drag celica...

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
TwoToneGT-S said:
you can take all of that off and throw on low comp TRD pistons
Find us some!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts