NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
look like The Rock is driving your car. :)

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
^ :laugh:

what times where you making?
Best was 15.21 although there might have been a 15.1 in there in a few runs where the timing equipment didn't register. I'm not complaining since this is the heaviest version of the Celica you can get (full interior and fully optioned) and I didn't do any runs with the smaller wheels after the rebuild.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So far not much other than a two-row aluminum racing radiator. It's keeping the temperatures nicely down, perfect for the track. It's 17 years old now and showing its age so it's due for new motor mounts and wheel bearings. Other than that it just keeps soldiering on.

I got a 2002 MR2 Spyder recently from the USA. A one owner car with (believe it or not) 265K miles on the original 1ZZ with no issues. Previous owner put in a LSD C60, full set of TRD braces, carbon fiber side scoops and some other TRD goodies. Most of my time is going to it now and I'm preparing the spare 2ZZ for a future swap, gathering all the parts I need and making it ready for if the 1ZZ decides to die someday.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The radiator I got on ebay from Mirage Power on a good deal, the last one the shop had. The close-up of the welds showed decent quality and it was specifically made for a manual Celica 7th generation so I went for it. Have not been disappointed so far.

Pics of the Spyder:

It's a work in progress so far. I am eventually getting a hardtop for it and plan to have the 2ZZ ready soon, but so far it will do as is. It's going to be my new daily driver for a few yeas, wanting to see if I can take it past 300K in original state.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts