NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm plopping the Kazuma exhaust on my Celica tomorrow, but I got a question. Should I just install it from the cat back or should I remove the cat and run it directly from the manifold? The West Covina Toyota guy told me removing the cat and running true straight pipe would yield better power (and yes I know its illegal and I know its gonna be ear bleeding loud). I just want to make sure if that's true or not. I might just install it from the catalytic converted on back but I just wanted some opinions. I'll, uh, post pictures tomorrow after it gets installed and all... that is assuming my eardrums don't spontaniously combust after trying to drive home with it on. Here's hoping I don't go deaf or somethin'.

·
Registered
151 Posts
congrats i think the kazuma is just the simply best exhaust for the celica! I would also install it from the back of the Catalytic converter if you dont want to pay for a 2000 fine and im almost 90% sure u gonna get pulled over anyways!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, about getting pulled over. I live in New York. Everything's loud here. Hell, some Civics around here on Dear Park Aveenue sound like they're about to implode or something so I'm hoping I'll be okay with it. How loud do I have to put the radio in order for it to drown out the exhaust sound? Or is that just a lost cause 'cause the Kazuma too loud. God, I hope I can still hear my radar detector, haha...

·
Registered
227 Posts
i love my kazuma.... you probaly would too.... its fun to scare everything on the road.... but i do get mean expressions from old people who ride with the windows down :gap:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it sound like a farting hatchback CRX with a high pitched dirtbike sound or is it mean and scary? I just pray to God its not super high pitched and sounds like a Civic or I'll be depressed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Kazuma sounds awesome. There hasn't been one person ride in the car that doesn't like it. It isn't nearly as loud as some people make it out to be. It has a nice deep rumble.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, good... ^_^

Great cause a lot of people are making it out to be the be-all, end-all of your ear drums... I'm pretty sure I'll get pulled over, but that's why I have NYPD and FDNY badges and a 2003 New York City PBA card. ^_^

I'm just happy it won't make me head explode, although when I have to drive from New York to Maryland this summer, it might be a little annoying. ^_^

·
Registered
232 Posts
let us know how it goes... i have the TRD exhaust and wish it sounded a bit more ballsy... flirted with the idea of going kazuma but everything i read says instant ticket... tell us too if its a bolt on from the cat back... read something about welding? thanks, vandread

·
Registered
457 Posts
best thing you can do if you haven't already is dynamat the hatch area.
it will make the cabin noise much more bearable and get rid of some rattling, which is the only complain i have of this exhaust.
it's so loud it actually rattles anything loose in your car (even spare change in the cupholders will jingle sometimes)

·
Registered
232 Posts
spare change rattles??? this has gotta be hella loud...

·
Registered
227 Posts
you will get used to the Kazuma..... im also scared of getting pulled over so when i drive next to a cop, i skip a gear , from 1st to 3rd and so on.... don't forget to floor it through the underpass :thumbup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
hehe I used to skip gears when I unbolted my stock exhaust. I can't forget the sound of the fuel cut-off since then!! Lift sounded great as well!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy mother of God... well yesterday morning I got the Kazuma welded on. Yes it has to be welded on. Anyways, freaking hell is this thing loud. The moment the guys at the shop started up my car they looked at each other and smiled... and I almost crapped my pants. I need to dynamat the hatch area because this thing rattles everything in the car from loose change to skittles. I'm sure I can get used to it but I'm telling you all this now, it is probably one of the loudest exhausts I have ever heard. Makes the car sound like a race car or something, especially during lift. The sound is insane... and the power gains are definately there. I can feel a small extra kick once the car hits lift and it seems like it screams to 6k RPM a lot faster now.

Anyways, I filled up on gas and went to drive home where I got pulled over by a cop and he told me that my exhaust was too loud. I had the urge to just roll around on the ground laughing but I decided to try and not act like it was funny, but it was funny cause everyone told me I was going to get pulled over... I just didn't think it was going to happen 25 minutes after getting this exhaust put on. Anyways, I showed him my NY PBA card and badge (thanks to my best friend/ex-girlfriend) and he smiles and let me go. He also said I can get tickets for my 7500k HID kit, 7 inch LCD screen, tints, and radar detector but he didn't really care about anything besides the exhaust. Needless to say, I got off without a ticket and well, that's that. I still love my Kazuma!

Moral of this story is: Don't be afraid to get the Kazuma if you're looking for a loud sound and/or GOOD power gains. This is one sweet-ass free flowing exhaust from the cat back. I can see how it can get annoyingly loud on long drives but remember that its all a trade-off if you want the best exhaust for the Celica. Of course, dynamatting the hatch area wouldn't hurt either. ^_^

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
HAHAHA...u only ahd it for 25 minutes....

oh where do i get one of the "cards" its like a "get out of a ticket free card" sweet,

congrats man

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, sorta...

Its not guaranteed to get you out of a ticket but it increases your likelyhood of not getting one by about 90%. I'd say that's a good percentage hike over "I'm sorry officer, but I didn't know my car sounded like an airplane."

Anyways... all I'm working on is beating my friend's 2002 Volswagen GTI 1.8 5 speed. Until I'm able to do it, the mods won't stop. ^_^

Next up is the TRIAL HEADER...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive been waiting to see how things turned out for you, im glad they turned out good. I ordered my Kazuma Exhaust last week along with my an AEM CAI. I cant wait till i get them. your posts have have filled a few gaps for me. Keep me posted man.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I won't put a silencer on the Kazuma, if I was going to do that; I would have stuck with my HKS HiPer Exhaust. Of course, I did set off 2 or 3 car alarms tonight alone... I think I'm in love with it. So far it has not given me a headache...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts