NewCelica.org Forum banner

Kearny Mesa Scion. San Diego, CA

395 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Blue Batmobile 
#1 ·
we just got finished building our scion dealership at kearny mesa toyota and it'll be up and running in june. the person who'll be running the department is yours truly. we have some plans of modifying an xa and xb to make it look more like some of the scions that were at the SEMA show. i've spoken with dave and thomas from Pann Auto and troy from Group 5 about installing a turbo on a xb. they've all said that there's tons of parts available for them in japan for the bbx (xb) and vitz so it should be very easy to bump the power from the 1.5L 108hp to possibly 150-170hp from a car that weighs less than 2300lbs.

i'll make sure to bring one in our next celica meet. were also in the process of getting a booth in lollapalooza come august at coors amphitheatre and you'll see and hear scion everywhere come june. toyota is going to bombard the media with scion ads, hopefully people don't get sick of it where they won't buy it. my first drive will be the 19th this month, i can't wait. most of the people i've spoken to have said it drives like a go-kart, cause the wheelbase is long and the f/r tracks are wide with very short overhangs. i'll keep you guys posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.