NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i must say, I've been reading/googling/and researching this for about a week...with no luck!!

I recently bought a 2004 Celica Tsunami, and it came with keyless entry. I have no Alarm LED or valet switch so i know it's just the basic keyless entry system.

Is there supposed to be a "beep" when it locks/unlocks or simply the park lights flash. One member says the dome light is supposed to come on, another says that the park lights stay lit until he opens the door..

Does the keyless entry have programming options with the door switch/ignition like the alarm system has? or is it simply to add another remote?

I read my owners manual, it dosen't say anything about how it's supposed to work.

Sorry for my newbie-ness, but i honestly placed an effort into trying to research it myself with no luck.

Kami!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow a tsunami huh? Post pics!

When I bought my celica, was wondering about the keyless entry as well. Apparently, unless you have an actual alarm, your remote just locks and unlocks the doors. You can go to the dealership and give them your VIN and they can give you a print out of what options your car had when it sold. That's how I found out that my keyless entry was just the basic system.

The good news is, programing extra remotes is very simple. I only have a print out of the instructions, so I cant post it, sorry. But someone on here has it I'm sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it came standard with the Tsunamis. i received 2 remotes with it, so i'm not really looking to program any remotes, more wanting to know what functions i could change.

I liked my Dogde that beeped the horn when the doors locked with the remote. I could press it while walking away, and was reassured that the doors locked instead of standing like a dork watching my car's lights flash :p

I love my Tsunami though. The only thing that could have topped it would be a '05 Tsunami (But I couldn't find a blue one).

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
if i can find the paper, ive got a printout of all the things you can make your system do in regards to whether or not it beeps when you lock/unlock, whether or not the lights flash when you do the same, etc etc. ill have to find it, but im pretty sure the vip system (alarm from toyota) has a BAB fcc id on the back of the fob. if its not that, then you probably have basic... at least thats my understanding of that system. in the meantime, ill look for that sheet, maybe i can help ya out... i know my car 'tweeps' when i lock, and tweeps twice when i unlock.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i can find the paper, ive got a printout of all the things you can make your system do in regards to whether or not it beeps when you lock/unlock, whether or not the lights flash when you do the same, etc etc. ill have to find it, but im pretty sure the vip system (alarm from toyota) has a BAB fcc id on the back of the fob. if its not that, then you probably have basic... at least thats my understanding of that system. in the meantime, ill look for that sheet, maybe i can help ya out... i know my car 'tweeps' when i lock, and tweeps twice when i unlock.
Oh dude, that would be so awesome..please look for it..
:)

Kami!

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
i just saw 2way post this, but check and see if you have the transmitter/reciever in the trunk of your celi. should be behind the drivers side rear plastics, pm 2way for specifics, and also that you have an led on your dash. vip system stuff. see if you have it.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
The "basic" OEM Keyless Entry only system doesn't appear to have any "options". It only locks/unlocks. It may honk if you leave a window open and flip the unlock inside, on the door, and open the door. But, I don't think it even does that.

The TVIP systems are the ones w/options and chirps. As I seem to recall, the piezo "chirper" is included with the TVIP kits and the installation instructions describe the placement/installation of the piezo in the engine compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.