alright correct if im wrong ...for a GTS
wet systems only ...due to lack of fuel line
50 is normal ...68 shot is max
pills for a 50 shot is 0022 fuel and 0037 nitrous
run around 2 degress colder spark plugs
higer octane gas around 93-103
try to keep bottle psi around 1100
....and now the questions

1. are the pills the same for a 50,62,68 shot?
2. are there dual rpm switchs out there?
3. any nos controllers based on progrssive rpm?...more nos for higher rpms
4. whats the lowest rpm you can hit the bottle at?

thats all for now thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Cult Leader said:
alright correct if im wrong ...for a GTS
wet systems only ...due to lack of fuel line
50 is normal ...68 shot is max
pills for a 50 shot is 0022 fuel and 0037 nitrous
run around 2 degress colder spark plugs
higer octane gas around 93-103
try to keep bottle psi around 1100
....and now the questions

1. are the pills the same for a 50,62,68 shot?
2. are there dual rpm switchs out there?
3. any nos controllers based on progrssive rpm?...more nos for higher rpms
4. whats the lowest rpm you can hit the bottle at?

thats all for now thanks
---BTW no advanced at all... basic questions that are covered in the instructions.....

there is no fuel return system... so yes wet kit only

if you are new to NOS stay with a 50hp shot...
DEF run high octane fuel
as far as your plugs go 2 step I believe is too far... maybe one step colder, thats it.
-Man read the directions that came with the kit... most of your questions are covered in them...
If you put that kit are your car without knowing what your doing... forget it.
there were progressive controllers on the market, -but as far as I know they are all time based, not RPM -you do not need one
I would not hit the juice below 4000rpm

you need to do some homework before you start squeezing man... I'm not trying to bust your balls.... I just dont wanna here that you squeezed on the highway for 2 min racing a vette and wonder why your engine blew:gap:
-Andrew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually andrew....ummm all the information from my first post ...is all the information i got from this site and everythingcelica...but i know what your talkn about being safe...thanks again guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
plugs: 1 step colder for every extra 100 hp
timing: 2 degrees of retard for every extra 50 hp (or the equivelant bump in octane over the minimum 93 rating)
controllers: NOS, NX , and jacobs make good progressive nitrous controllers
window switch: (what do you mean dual rpm window switch ? ) an rpm switch is off until a certain rpm and then on beyond that, or visa versa (on/off) instead of (off/on) ... a window switch is only on during a certain 'window' between 2 rpms, so it's like combining 2 rpm switches ...

rpm to spray , don't spray below 2.5k ... basically start spraying when you feel your motor is starting to breather properly ...don't try to force it... for my 91 GT i feel the car starts to get happy after 3200 rpms so i won't spray before 3k when i get my kit

pills: (jets) are little brass peices with different size holes in them, the size of the hole controls how much nitrous or fuel is allowed to reach the nozzle, therefore it is very obvious that the size of the jet determines your shot size and how your a/f ratio will be when you're spraying ...

last but not least.. (as found on clubsi's webpage):

window switch stuff:
Summit Pricing and Part Number for Window Switch

#MSD-8956 RPM Window Activation Switch = $76.95
#MSD-8744 RPM Modules 4000-4800 = $20.69
#MSD-8748 RPM Modules 8000-8800 = $20.69
#MSD-8961 MSD High Current Relay DPST = $25.95
TOTAL = $148.28

Jet sizes :

[Wet NOS]
Shot Size / N2O Jet / Fuel Jet / Recommended Retard
50 / .037 / .022 / 0
60 / .039 / .024 / 1
70 / .041 /.026 / 1-2
80 /.043 /.028 / 2-3

[Dry NOS]
Shot Size / N2O Jet / Fuel Jet / Recommended Retard
40 / .034 / .044 / 0
50 / .032 / .042 / 1
60 / .034 / .042 / 1-2
70 / .041 / .036 / 2-3

[zex dry]
Shot Size / N2O Jet / Fuel Jet / Zex Retard Setting
55 / 32 / 36 / 0
65 / 35 / 34 / 2
75 / 38 / 32 / 4

Hope that helps and yes these are basic questions, i'm glad you asked...

nuke

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what i ment by dual rpm window switch is a switch that will activate at one rpm (3K) and turn off at another (5k) someone said a while back that they used to controls to prevent them for shooting at to high a rpm ...

hey nuke...so are the pills the same for the NX ?...

im planning on running a 50 to start(after i finish some more studing) than bump it up as i get more comfortable with the system ...

what system are you running in your car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i didn't know the msd switch didn't work on 7th gens, my bad ...

mallory makes one ,and harlan? harlatan ? makes one too ...

i don't have a kit yet.... when i'm done with all my NA mods and have figured out my NA fuel demans (i may max out my stock injectors when all the parts are finally on) ... then i can figure out if a dry or wet kit will work best with my car...

if i get big injectors at stock rail pressure i may go for a simple 60 shot dry kit (probably NOS, not zex) ... if i go the FPR route then i'm most likely using a wet NOS or NX kit instead...

yet to be determined

As far as NX jets go ... this is from clubrsx.com:
[NX Kit]
Shot: nitrous jet / fuel jet

35: 31/18
50: 35/20
75: 41/24
100: 52/31

Nuke

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another question....in most of the pictures of N20 installs you can see where all the injectors are labled...witha big NX sticker or whatever....in cali theyll **** a brick if they open my hood and find all of that ...do any of the kits come with all those damn stickers and stuff...you know just plan silver or black? and where are you guys mounting your bottles to keep them hidden?>

·
Registered
215 Posts
To keep you bottle hidden, just mount it in a baby seat in the back seat, and make sure you put on bonnet on it. LOL

You can't hide a 10-15 lb bottle, but you can hide a sneaky Pete bottle (good for only 1 or 2 runs). I have my bottle mounted in the back, so it's hidden until I open my hatch.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
ok...don't flame, but what's the smallest bottle available? Maybe like 2-2.5 lbs.?

Couldn't we mount 4 or 5 of these together and route them all to one valve? This way we could do a stealth install in a tight spot...like under a seat, or "in" a seat, a la FnF...

Throw a bottle heater and pressure gauge in there, and you don't have to have anything giving away that you have nitrous installed...

Yes, no?

Usman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts