NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have to wear a knee pad on their right knee to keep from getting bruised up by the center console? I've got a huge bruise on the outside of my right knee, and lefthanders are killing me.

-Ketter

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You can use a knee pad to help with the bruising. This is not uncommon among Celica autocrossers. One thing that may help is a Schroth Harness (no cutting or drilling required), to keep from having to brace yourself with your legs. - AB

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ketter said:
Anyone have to wear a knee pad on their right knee to keep from getting bruised up by the center console?
I don't have right knee problems, but my left knee always gets a nice honeycomb pattern and bruise from the door speaker grill.

I've driven B1mmer's and autxr's cars, both with harnesses (I don't have one), and had the same problem.

Bryan

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think this has to do with how tall you are. If you're much under 6', The console is in the way, over; no problem. I find it a very effective leg brace, as it hits me on the side of my calf just below the knee.

Now when I drive my Civic, I always hurt myself. The bruise on the inside of my left forearm is just fading from a 3/22 event. I kept bringing it across the harness buckle hard while fighting the 9.5" slicks and limited slip while steering.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'll agree that the harness helped reduce the bruising problem. Hasn't completely eliminated it for me but it has reduced it. My first full season I had a bruise on the outside of my right calf for pretty much the entire season.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Driver was bruising her left knee on the door panel even with 5 point harness, so she started wearing a knee pad on that knee. Sporting goods stores have a large selection of body pads of a variety of types meant for different sports, pick one that is comfortable and works where you need it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I had a feeling this might be a common problem. I think I'll try some padding for the next event.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran my Impreza RS a few times last year without a harness belt and had this same problem. Without realizing it I was bracing myself against the center console, and the day after the event, I had a nasty bruise on my right knee. Once I got the Schroth Rallye 4 in, no more bruise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.