NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got knock. the celica is temporarily down, i'm guessing a bent rod.... :( :mad: :wtc: :sadwave: AGH!... anyway car got towed to my friend's shop where we'll proceed to take apart the engine and find out whats wrong with it..

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've put chevron with techron gas ever since i bought the car, never have i put below 93 octane. And how did it happen I have no clue, the car had been running fine all day, I was leaving my neighborhood, a truck was tailgating me so i floored it, lift didnt kick in, i got to about 40 mph, and i started hearing the knocking sound, so i just pulled over.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Well, if I were you, I would hope for the best and hope that it is just a bad tank of gas. I've heard of people having knock, putting new gas in, and finding out that it was just the gas, even if they did fill up with what was supposed to be 93 octane.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spun the bearings...

Its bad.. but not as bad... fixable... we'll be doing that in the next week or whenever we find time.. I guess my celica will finally take a vacation from its daily abuse :-(

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
lceBurn said:
I spun the bearings...

Its bad.. but not as bad... fixable... we'll be doing that in the next week or whenever we find time.. I guess my celica will finally take a vacation from its daily abuse :-(
Damn..

I gotta start babying the engine now. That bites. But it gives a good excuse on building to motor up!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
what exactly is? knock?
There are different "knocks" in the engine. The most common one is when you use gas that has been diluted with water to cut down on prices. That one gives out a "knocking" sound when you turn off the engine.

Another "knock" sound is what happened to Oscar, is when a bearing goes out due to wear and tear. The "knocking" sound is much greater than the one that comes from using cheap gas.

There are couple of others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.