NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2001 celica GT with 225,000 miles.

It runs great. I hooked up the ob2 sensor and a misfire code for 2 and 4 showed up so I replaced the spark plugs and the code went away.

I replaced the pcv valve, pcv hose, ventilator hose, changed the oil and transmission oil. I also replaced the fuel injector seals.

no engine codes come on the ob2 but if I go to the o2 test it

It was showing the same thing before I replaced the oxygen sensors

I bought a dye kit and put it in the engine and the colored dye showed around the oil cap so I replaced that too.

The engine makes this tapping sound if I step on the gas pedal at about 25% it just click click click click but if I give it more gas there is no sound. If I give it more gas the noise isn’t there. If I don’t step on the gas pedal after it’s making the noise the sound doesn’t continue.
It seems if I keep it at a consistent rpm it starts to make that sound. I notice it usually happens around 60-65mph but if I give it more gas there is no noise.

the other issue is the passenger door isn’t responsive to the door lock button and when I lock the car with a key. That and when I’m driving around 75 mph or if I’m making a turn the open door icon lights up and it sounds like the door locks click.
It happened today I was driving on the highway and as I was going faster the open door light would come on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine knock? Or rattle?

2000 GTS Turbo
Hello,

it is more of a rattle. I replaced the fuel injector seals about a week ago and I noticed the area was still wet so I took a look at the injectors and some of them were cracked.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,506 Posts
Wow

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,506 Posts
What happened?
Your cracked injectors.

As for the door, I'd check the door open pin switch. If the system sees it as open, it won't lock the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts