NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Koni stopped making the rears, but am wondering what else may fit. I ran E39 shocks on the back of my old WRX before Koni came out with a set. Has anyone figured out what fits with the proper adapters?

I just bought a Celica that I'm getting ready to put a news transmission in and would like to tackle the suspension next. I've got Koni inserts for the front and would like to find something that works for the rear.

I see that TC rear shocks fit, but are short. Not sure this works since I want to run street class in autocross.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember an old forum mention a method of cutting the lower part of the factory strut and use as an adapter and insert the Koni into it would work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember an old forum mention a method of cutting the lower part of the factory strut and use as an adapter and insert the Koni into it would work.
Thanks, that's for the front. The rear Konis are discontinued so I'm trying to find an alternative.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks, that's for the front. The rear Konis are discontinued so I'm trying to find an alternative.

I'm running the full koni suspension love it minus the install they're good can go kyb but they ride rough imo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Call koni USA and see if they can't help you run down some koni yellows for the back...that's what I did and they found a place in Canada that actually had them on the shelf...good luck and yes they are worth it lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts