NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would give the autocross guys first shot at these. I am selling my Koni D/A. They have been shorten from stock ride height, and have been valved for 158# to about 250# in the front, and 208# to 350# in the rear. I have spent over $2000 grand in these, and want to sell them for $1500 plus shipping. These still have all the stock mounting points, and perches. They also come with lifetime warranty. Koni inspected them while I was at Nationals and they have been off the car since then, so they should be fresh for the next year. They have gotten me many national trophies, but they do not meet my needs for the next year.

PM me if you are interested, or post here if you have additional questions.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
sorry, your probably going to hate this question, but what are you going with next year? Pensike's?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Does Penske make a strut application? Or would you be machining your own outer tube?

Also why are they valved to such a low upper limit? I thought the OTS Koni's were able to handle up to 400# springs. Is it because the adjustments on the current setup are much finer?

Also any dynos of them?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can probably handle more, but I haven't tried that. I just know what I asked them to valvue them for. The low end is what I was running this year, i.e. the Eibach Pro Kit. With those lower springs, I was at the low end of rebound and compression on the shocks, so I know they can handle more.

I am going with a custom coilover setup from Progress.

Dave

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Ah I see. Did they happen to dyno them when they refreshed/rebuilt them?

I was wondering about Progress, do they maunfacture their own shocks ala Penkse, or do they use other companies internals and valve them their own way?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have dyno from the rears from last year. I did not get a copy of them from this year. They were really busy.

I am pretty sure Progress has their own stuff, but I could be wrong. I just sent the coilovers to them and they did the revalve. They said it was pretty easy and I could do it myself. I left it to them so I did not have to worry about it.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts