NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Manny_TXtreme said:
What?? How can you even compare CumHo's to Yokos.

ES100 is stronger..better grip.. only downside to it is noise level. Yes you will get some noise from these, but overall in comparision to the supposed Jet 712s, there is still no competition.

I doesnt matter how many variation of 712's there are either. A CumHo is still a CumHo. Maybe its bias since I personally hate those tires.
But hmm ya... Yoko's all the way!
I agree with Scott, this post is worthless due to your elementary comments.

I have the ES100 on my celica for about 3K miles now and I'm very satisfied. The value of these tires are excellent. There's plenty of gripe in the wet and dry. I think they're a little better than stock but the stock were going bald so it's not a fair comparison. I'm not sure if the ES100 are going to last longer than the Kumho's because each manufacturer is different. If a tire has a wear rate of 340, it will last longer than a tire which has a wear rate of 240 from the same manufacter but you can't compare these numbers to difference manufacturers.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
HilfigerCelica said:

I agree with Scott, this post is worthless due to your elementary comments.

I have the ES100 on my celica for about 3K miles now and I'm very satisfied. The value of these tires are excellent. There's plenty of gripe in the wet and dry. I think they're a little better than stock but the stock were going bald so it's not a fair comparison. I'm not sure if the ES100 are going to last longer than the Kumho's because each manufacturer is different. If a tire has a wear rate of 340, it will last longer than a tire which has a wear rate of 240 from the same manufacter but you can't compare these numbers to difference manufacturers.
:whogives:

EDIT: Should've joined in the discussion earlier.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
dang .....anyway....im contemplating buying the yoko es100 and the goodyear eagle f1 gs d3 .....yokos are cheaper....but eagles are better and more expensive......im torn....the eagles rated higher on tire rack also in everything...even wear...which i need cuz i drive almost 300+ miles a week...somtimes 500....and I like the ocassional canyon run...... but the price is whats drawing me towards the yokos..great price

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.