NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If you remove your center console and shift you will see your entire shifter housing twisting and whatnot. The housing mounts to the chassis using rubber bushings. These bushings are compliant enough (and you have a longer moment arm with the shifter) to allow the shifter housing to rock side to side and back and forth. Replacing them with the direct shift kit will not allow the housing to bend.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:moved:

It makes the shifter feel more precise by getting rid of the stock rubber bushings. Gives you a better idea of where the gears are, and exactly when they engage. If you get a short****er, you get the same kind of bushings as these. BTW, that's a very good price. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx a bunch guys i guess i ll get them, 5 bux for a mod aint bad :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Redline Mt-90, kumosports, and a greddy counterbalanced 15 oz shiftknob>>>>>>>>> any shortshifter.

Get them, great mod.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by pfcnguyen
did the B&M SS come with shifter brushings? Its been awhile since i installed it. I think they were blue?
Yup. They serve two purposes: to make shifting feel better, and to raise the shifter housing so the longer shift lever doesn't scrape the floor. All short shifters come with these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts