NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one question, I just bought a pair of kyb agx shocks, orange casing part# 741041, and the adjustment knob is...on the top :-(. I have the general idea of how it is supposed to work, however, one of the knobs are not labeled, so I don't know "exactly" where it is set to. Is there a certain limit in which I can turn the knob clockwise/counterclockwise?

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is on the rear? The knob is removable, it only fits on way, there is a small white marking showing on which setting the struts are set. Numbers or one the knob. You can set them on four settings, total angle of rotation is 360 degrees.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is on the rear? The knob is removable, it only fits on way, there is a small white marking showing on which setting the struts are set. Numbers or one the knob. You can set them on four settings, total angle of rotation is 360 degrees.
Yes, they are for the rear, and only one of them have that white marking, but looking at the setup of the top of the shocks, I am assuming the same design of the strut is the white mark. I understand the 1-4 mark on the top of the strut, but I was curious if I were to keep rotating it, would it make a difference, or would it always be at the setting the knob shows it is set to?

·
Registered
376 Posts
When installed correctly on the car the white marks are pointing to the center of the car, so this will tell you on which side the white marking should be. You can't keep turning them if I remember it correctly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When installed correctly on the car the white marks are pointing to the center of the car, so this will tell you on which side the white marking should be. You can't keep turning them if I remember it correctly.

In my case, the knobs don't stop going back from 1, or going after 4, but they do seem to react properly to the selected number. Very interesting feel, I tested them on 4 and the ride feels very stiff! Sadly, I had to take them apart again as one of the bump stops broke, so I had to get replacements for both just to be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts