NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be installing kyb agx's with hochkis springs. my car is a daly driver but i do like to go to the track (1/4 mile track)some times. now what do you guys suguest i set the shocks too? also will i need to adjust the stock endlinks if they even can be adjusted. im pretty much a noob on suspension settings so if you guys can help me out that would be great. what other suspension mods should i get? my car handels really bad right now like all over the road especaly if theres a big w in the road from the 18 wheelers. my tires are 225-50-16 yokohama avid v4s.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no one has kyb agx's any more?? not one person knows about this kind of suspension? damn what happened to this site......

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
test the shocks out for yourself. I had all four shocks at 4 on hotchkis springs. It rode rough as hell, probably go 3 front 2 rear. I would just start at 3 all around then adjust from there. Stock endlinks are not adjustable, but you will be fine without adjusting them. happy? oh yea get a new rear bumper whhile ur at it :laugh:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thanks its about time some one answered this question... and im not worried about the rear bumper at this time...altho i know its bad.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
itchyvi3t said:
test the shocks out for yourself. I had all four shocks at 4 on hotchkis springs. It rode rough as hell, probably go 3 front 2 rear. I would just start at 3 all around then adjust from there. Stock endlinks are not adjustable, but you will be fine without adjusting them. happy? oh yea get a new rear bumper whhile ur at it :laugh:
I dont own any adjustable struts yet but I would think in trying something stiffer in the rear to avoid understeer and make a faster ride. I know the rear end of the car is lighter (and I therefore understand why your suggestion) so equal setup front vs rear might meen stiffer in the rear.. But stiffer in front? I am not sure.

What da ya guys think? (from your experience)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hmm im not sure, im not well versed on oversteer/understeer issues. But even with 4 all aroudn i would get some oversteer, think it was due to ****ty tires and hotchkis race sways. I always remeber have it stiffer in front dont know why.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts