NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well today was not a big turn out. out of 20 cars i came in second place. i lost the final race by .011 seconds. my best time on the track was a 15.7 the event continues tomorrow. Lets get some peeps out there.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Smaay, thats still a pretty good time considering how much that track sucks. LOL, My friend's IS300 E-Shift got a 17.7 there =), then I saw a stock RSX-S run a 17.2, a bone stock GT-S do a 16.1 and a nicely modded WRX do a 15.5-15.6 all night long.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well today was another disapointment. Again in the final run I was killed. However, this time i killed myself. I had been running 15.7's all morning. And even a 15.6 so i dial in at 15.7. My first 2 runs i didnt break 16. so for my 3rd run i raise my dial in to 16.0. I ran a 16.09. So i figure the wind picked up, im a little slower. Anyways on the final run im racing a civic diald in at 17.6 So he gets his 1.6 seconds head start, then i get my green. about 200 feet from the finish i pass him up, so i back off the gas just in case i beat my dial in time. I win the race, but sure enough, I broke out. No trophy for me again!!!

Anyways i had a blast. Too bad I was the only 7th gen celica there. There was a 5th gen with a 22R in it. Look for my other post with pics of the Turbine Focus.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
God that track yields some ****ty numbers!!!!

Im going to goto irwindale this thursday I think.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Altitude Correction
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.
To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:
ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97
MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03
This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.

given this info, my 15.6 corrected is actually a 15.1

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Smaay said:
Altitude Correction
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.
To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:
ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97
MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03
This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.

given this info, my 15.6 corrected is actually a 15.1
Yup. but a few honda guys told me that running a 15.6 at lacr can drop as low as around a 14.8 at a good track. I don't know how accurate that is, but they ran at quite a few different tracks and seem to know what they are talkin about.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Not only is the track high, but the track is just plain crappy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
RevHappyGTS said:
Smaay, thats still a pretty good time considering how much that track sucks. LOL, My friend's IS300 E-Shift got a 17.7 there =), then I saw a stock RSX-S run a 17.2, a bone stock GT-S do a 16.1 and a nicely modded WRX do a 15.5-15.6 all night long.
I ran a 15.3 there hehe yeay and i have the slip to prove it!!! that track sucks ass and that high altitude kills it!

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
You might as well Race on Cambell Soup left overs. Youll get better traction than at LACR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.