NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got info about the kit that is currently being put on my car here it is:

Hello, thanks for the nice words. At this time Decah will not be making a celica kit because Mark at Springman's paint said that it was so easy to modify our civic kit to fit. So Decah would rather wait to see how the demand will turn out. But for now, if you would not mind putting Springman's paint up on that Celica forum, that would be great. Mark welcomes all calls he said we are trying to generate some business for him.
These are the numbers he asked us to give out.
570-546-9467
570-546-4825

The kit is $1599.00 or you can go to www.autosportz.com and buy it from them at $1499.00
There are also group buy rates as well.

Thanks,
Blacksheepsales/Decah
973-746-7624
WWW.DECAH.NET
THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE BOLT-ON VERTICAL DOOR CONVERSION SYSTEM!!
DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE IMPOSTORS!!

If you give Mark Springman a call tell him Dave sent you.

·
Registered
709 Posts
yup i have the same thing and mark is a great guy and very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
veilsideceli said:
Hello, thanks for the nice words. At this time Decah will not be making a celica kit because Mark at Springman's paint said that it was so easy to modify our civic kit to fit. So Decah would rather wait to see how the demand will turn out. But for now, if you would not mind putting Springman's paint up on that Celica forum, that would be great. Mark welcomes all calls he said we are trying to generate some business for him.
These are the numbers he asked us to give out.
570-546-9467
570-546-4825
Since its so easy to modify Honda ones to fit our cars, they should not have second thought to make one for Celica. Just modify the Honda version... kinda wierd....
So Mark at Springman's paint will be selling the Honda kit modified to fit Celica? I am kinda interested, but not sure if I am willing to pay $1500 plus whatever labor is to install them

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I see you have pops on your doors also, are those necessary or can we just use our door handles for the kit? Also, what would installation cost normally? Can you ask your shop just to let us know. I'm really going to go w/ this if there is not much modification or extras that need to be bought

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I just talked to mark over at Decah. Great guy to talk to, very knowledgable. He took me through the process and explained to me how everything would work. I'll be bringing my car to Muncy, PA very soon!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
20 mins south of muncy?
that would put u between lewisburg and selinsgrove right?
im in williamsport so you're real close to me
hit me up on aim sometime th1rd3y3x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good point Mike - they keep telling me how simple it is to modify the Civic kits to fit...so WHY THE HELL wouldn't they modify them themselves and sell them? If it's so easy why not do it and make some money? I guarantee a lot of Celica owners (including myself) would jump on it. I don't want to hassle with any type of modifications to the kit. If I buy a kit I want it to work right out of the box. Also it voids the warranty if you modify them! It's not important enough to me that I would be willing to hassle with it. Maybe somebody that knows how to do it should get a quantity discount from Decah...then modify them and sell them on here for a profit! I'd be willing to pay a little extra for the pre-modded kit...although that still wouldn't solve the warranty problem. I don't think Decah is too concerned about us...all they're worried about is maximizing profit. Eventually demand will die out for Honda owners and then they might make something for us. By then I'm sure it'll be too late and they'll probably go bankrupt. I've seen it a million times. -Brock

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'll talk to my guy at the shop and see what he says about pre modding them...i'm not sure what all is involved but i'll find out an get back to you guys

1 - 20 of 41 Posts