NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from my gf at a community meeting in her neighborhood:

LAPD officers are addressing complaints of 'noise' and modified imports 'racing' through the neighborhoods by cracking down on these types of vehicles. If they hear your car they WILL pull you over and check your car out. Hence, be sure you have your CARB certifications and other appropriate documentation. Anything illegally modified on your car is fair game on top of any other moving violations.

In other words, all of our Celicas are fair game for being profiled, pulled over, and searched by the LAPD.

·
Registered
63 Posts
duke, your kazuma never was, and never will be legal...hahaha that thing is just a straight pipe w/ a resonator....i doubt it'd pass smog

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
DookieGraphics said:
dammn piece of crap popos....good thing my Kazuma is legal now :)
how is it legal? it's so loud!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
DookieGraphics said:
:) i got papers :) it works....worked for me once already :) remember? i think i told you
oh....i get it. it's "legal" :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
i doubt CARB certifications will help. My friend with a AEM Intake on his itegra had ad CARB ID and still he got a ticket when he was pulled over. the cop said "its still a modified intake, not stock."

·
Registered
68 Posts
KAZUMA = Illegal any part made by Kazuma for the celica, be it clutch disc, clutch, exhaust, pistons are all "For Race only" look at the box.. hehehehe, :) but who cares..

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i already got pulled over by a motorcycle cop on the sideewalk, while he was giving jay walker tickets during my lunch break, and he made me pop open my hood and everything... just because he heard my exhaust... he told me about the new thing cops are doing by pulling over cars that looked modified... luckily all i had was an exhaust and he didnt ticket me for anything, i dont think he knew i got the resonator taking off, but he also told me about everyting else wrong withthe car.. like blue bulbs, fornt license plate, ect ...
but yah its pretty gay.. luckily i had my fugly black stock airbox

·
Registered
687 Posts
too bad I have the section penal codes of DOT of California that contradict local jurisdiction! ya ya I talked to cop about this, modified exhaust is illegal... a replacement aftermarket system that is DOT approved is LEGAL. plus injen is legal, if they dont think so tell him to look it up in their database.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
too bad I have the section penal codes of DOT of California that contradict local jurisdiction! ya ya I talked to cop about this, modified exhaust is illegal... a replacement aftermarket system that is DOT approved is LEGAL. plus injen is legal, if they dont think so tell him to look it up in their database.
i would appreciate it if u would share this info with us.

·
Registered
36 Posts
haha mission cops are ****s so are HB cops but since i go through westminster most the time i dont get hassled... hey marco u know jan got pulled over and searched and **** in mission? like a long time agoe

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
yah his car loooks really really fast... but its not.. just like mine..
if a cop pull sme over again.. ill juss say my HKS catback exhaust system, that i supposively bought from someone, is legal... but if they look under and see that i cut resontaor off.. ill be like.. damn .. the guy who sold it to me must of cut it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have gotten 6 or 7 fixit tickets in the past year and a half! i have the most outa aanyone i know! but this guy i know thats a cop signs them and they only cost $10

·
Registered
480 Posts
and after he tickets you, he'll beat you just cuz he doesnt like the cut of your jib. hopefully you'll luck out again and he'll let you go without the beating.

yeah, fix it ticktets differnt from others. just get yoru stuff checked out when you've fixed it then turn in the paperwork. but what the $10 cost for? processing the inspection papers?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
hey jjustin... so u know a cop that can sign off fix it tickets?

·
Registered
480 Posts
why? you dont want to drill holes in your front bumper? then jerry-rig your license plate to your front grill or try some other creative way of getting your license plate on. you can take it right off once you get the inspection done.

because you're suppose to go to like an inspection center (CHP, Sherrifs, etc) and it might not be easy to just write off a car for a fix it ticket if there isnt a license plate there with so many other cops around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts