NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put my 17" rims with Yokos AVS ES100 (215/45/17) tires on my car (rims/tires r new). everything else is stock btw. i launched with my dunlops before and they screech continuously and it grips and takes off. today when i tried the yokos, it screechs once in a while and the car is shakey. is this normal? if not, what can i do to fix it? the place where i bought the rims said they r balanced already. any help on this? thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
You might want to get an alignment. Firestone might still be having that special going on...I think its about 40-50 bucks for all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
yeah its normal. I have these on my car and launching with them is kinda tricky. It isn't as sticky as the stock yokohama advan 680. The highest I can launch with the ES100 is around 3800-4000, anything higher will spin and spin whereas on the stock advan I could launch from 4500k to 6000k without it spinnning, It would spin slightly and then grab and go whereas the ES100 would spin and spin and then it would finally grab. Its due to the stiffer treadwear of 280 (ES100) compare to 160 for the yokohama advan. After launching with the ES100, I wish I got my yokohama advan again. I need to look for some 15 inch and put on some sticky tires on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts