1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
That's your air conditioning drain tube. It drains condensation water from the interior. Perfectly normal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok sweet!!!!! That is a HUGE RELIEF. Thanks!!!! I guess the heat shields from the stock header blocked off that area and I never saw it before. :D

Edit: Wait, I noticed that it is dripping onto the inside of the bottom of the car, is it supposed to do that rather than drip right onto the road? I never looked down there so I have no idea. Thanks!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
It doesn't stick out of the firewall too much, maybe 2 inches max. It usually drains on the frame. It shouldn't normally run on the bottom of the car on the outside and it shouldn't leak inside the cabin. If the carpet isn't wet then it's not leaking inside.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the picture, I am having a little trouble spotting it, is it the tube that is being tied up by the yellowish wiring in the top left? Or the tubing to the left of the exhaust pipe?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The stub one to the left of the exhaust. The cable you see behind it is unrelated and is further down, it's the O2 sensor cable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thank you, mine looks to be about the same, but maybe sticking out a little bit more. I took it back to the shop that installed the header and asked them what the leak was (without mentioning anything) and they said it was normal as well (AC condenser drainage), and that it was probably dripping on the stock header heatshield before and since that the heatshield is now gone, it drips onto the tubing below it.

I do drive the car in the wintertime, so I am wondering (and concerned) if the water dripping onto the tubing would cause any problems? As the tubing below should be for the power steering?

Thanks!

Edit: The shop also said they had to remove the midpipe when they installed the header, and charged me for an extra gasket (I was expecting two but there's three charged) and just wanted to know if that was normal practice to take off the midpipe to install a header?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Space is a little bit at a premium back there so it's not unthinkable that they had to remove the midpipe to create more space to maneuver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.