NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do i get it at? I know there is a place but its 35 dollars, is there a cheaper way of doing it? i want to make my AC controls blue, is the installation hard?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
You can buy cold cathodes instead of the LEDs. Similar to neons, but they run cooler and are cheaper. Installation is simple, just mount the tube behind the controls. PM hombredelassrta for more details.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
just buy some rubber condom light covers from autozone for 2 bucks. remove the green oem condoms, then glue on the color you want. really easy, cheap, and not complicated with all the wires if you use led's.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
doesnt dooly have the LEDs? if not i might have a friend that can do it.. id have to ask him if your interested.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
xrage4200 said:
Where do i get it at? I know there is a place but its 35 dollars, is there a cheaper way of doing it? i want to make my AC controls blue, is the installation hard?
02celica said:
doesnt dooly have the LEDs? if not i might have a friend that can do it.. id have to ask him if your interested.
I think that's what he was talking about not buying from.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Just use a 3" Cold cathode, might run you $4-5

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i am redoing the cathode instal guide becasyue allgen went downa dn all my guides went dow with it. the condom method is crap esp if going blue

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
I tried CCT, and Dooly's conversion.

You will be much happier with the way Dooly's leds look

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
do u have that saved sean? yea dooly's leds are much better color and consistancy in color then the cathodes were

1 - 15 of 15 Posts